1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

3M Borivili

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by nobrakes, Nov 22, 2012.

1. nobrakes

nobrakes

Mumbai
    Hello TFI'ans,

A couple of days ago, I managed to convince my wife that, in the one and half year of us owning our red GP, it has got a lot of swirls/ scratches (some of them only visible to me;) ), and that it was time for a exterior paint treatment at 3M near our house in borivili.

Armed with permission from the boss, I went there at 11am on monday and decided to go for a Advanced paint sealant treatment worth 5000/- rs! It is steep, but I found that I convinced myself pretty easily;). The overall experience was pretty good. The mgr. Ms. Rekha explains the whole process to you and even checks the car herself after the job is done. The process took 3 hours, with 2-3 guys working on the car at all times. The swirl marks have reduced by 80-90%.

My only tip would be to wait and "watch over" the process if you have the time. The whole process takes 3 hrs! When it comes to my car, i'm a very patient man. And if you are paying 5K, you gotta make sure its a job well done.

Some pics coming soon.

Cheers.
    3 people like this.
  2. halfclutch

halfclutch Amatore

mumbai
    hey nobrakes!! long time buddy!!

btw i am also planning to get the same treatment done for my bnw punto.
    your red beauty must be shining now:p
  3. nobrakes

nobrakes

Mumbai
    Hey!! I"m gr8 yaar! It is shining now, but dont go for the 5K advanced paint treatment like i did. Instead just go for the regular exterior paint treatment which i think is worth 3.5K. It's virtually the same treatment, only difference the apply a "paint sealant" on the car......by hand! :-(
  4. hey no brakes! good you brought this thread up! i never knew something like this existed! would you please share the address of these guys and other options and bit more details...me being in bandra borivali is like an outing for me man! i can count on finger tips the number of times ive come there
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  5. halfclutch

halfclutch Amatore

mumbai
    oh. i ll keep that in mind. last time i went to 3M for complete interior and exterior cleaning. that costs 3.5k too moreover they didnt use microfiber cloth to clean/wipe the plastic cover on the odo and MID leaving some scratches on it:(. so i decided not to go there.
    anyway lets catch up sometime in IC. i have done some mods on my ride:)
  6. nobrakes

nobrakes

Mumbai
    Hey harsh, there is a 3M in Andheri as well opposite the Mercedes Benz showroom. Will scan their brochure and put it up tomorrow.

I know what you mean by outing! I've got to drive to colaba tomorrow, and I feel driving to Pune might be quicker!

- - - Merged Post - - -

Hey, sure lets catch up....will pm you my number. We can exchange notes :)
    1 person likes this.
  7. :evilsmile :traffic
  8. nobrakes

nobrakes

Mumbai
    Here are some "after pics".....will post some pics of the process which i have taken on my phone soon.

Cheers.

DSC01791.jpg DSC01796.jpg

DSC01788.jpg
    4 people like this.
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Magnificent. Your car is back to its glory. Looking awesome.
    2 people like this.
  10. nobrakes

nobrakes

Mumbai
    Thanks ramjn. The pics dont do it justice, it looks much better in person.
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2012