1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

3D mats query

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by vivek_lko, Sep 30, 2011.

1. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Got delivery of Star Atlas mats today. However, on the cover it is mentioned "Fiat Punto", whereas the invoice as well as email order confirms it's for Linea. Are the dimensions same for both cars, or do I need to seek a replacement?

Can fellow Linea owners confirm?

Also, the edges don't seem raised as much as I had thought (I was expecting a mould like hard raised edges).
  2. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Yupp they are all labeled for Puntos. Don't worry! I'm not sure what your expectations were on the level of raised edges but I find them sufficient enough.
  3. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Like I said, I was expecting them to have hard, raised wall-like contours - as if its a tray/mould. The ones that I got seem to have softer and shorter raised edges only.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  5. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

ultimatedetailerz are Quote for Punto - 3D Maxspider Kagu mats for 5100Rs.
    Hottrack - 5500rs
    and Star mats for 3200rs.....
    Now i thnking for star mats , as they low value and VFM !!( or should i go for 3D ?? )
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @nkapoor777- Since you own both 3D Kagu and Star 3D Kagu mats, can you post pics of both mats in a single post? That would help members in selecting the right ones.

It would be helpful if the shots are from similar angles and show the mats in full rather tha zoomed in pics that show just a part of the mats.
  7. obliex

obliex Amatore

Pune
    I have Star 3D mats in my Linea. Ordered last Sunday got them delivered on Tuesday. Here are pics of them. Cost 3200Rs +160Rs octroi in Pune.

IMG-20120814-00260.jpg

IMG-20120814-00261.jpg

IMG-20120814-00263.jpg

IMG-20120814-00264.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
    5 people like this.
  8. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Is it me or others also feel that the driver's side metal plate is too much right aligned? I was expecting it to be center aligned but in my case it ain't. The result - my left heel is half on the plate and half outside if I keep my foot straight. I did feel a bit of an adjustment on the first day of the mats yesterday.
  9. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    @dj.nish I feel it is aligned properly. You should get used to keeping your foot on the dead pedal which will be more convenient. Ofcourse it is personal choice. Once you are used to it, the feel is terrific.
  10. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    +1 to this. I too feel its too much right aligned.