1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

3D mats query

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by vivek_lko, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    You will definetly love it. Yes it is very easy to clean those mats . You can even take it out & wash it. Do post pics after getting them.
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    I too bought the star 3d mats from saimag. they are of good quality. The kagu 3d mats are really bad in quality and more costly. They get worn out in 6 months.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  4. Hi Ravi ,

I feel Indus is better than Atlas. I brought Atlas as Indus was available only in beige color. The price difference between them is 300 rs.
  5. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes Praveen, there is no Black in Indus, otherwise I would have bought that. I am not sure how Beige would look in Punto, with Black seats.

How is your experience?
  6. The one which I brought Atlas black . I have kept this 3d mat above a normal mat. so no dust inside the car . Easy to clean.

I feel it is in par with kagu mats.
    1 person likes this.
  7. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Ravi there is no difference is quality. Only the contours differ. Check here on how beige mat would look on Punto. Star mats are Kagu mats & I think what Praveen meant is in par with 3D kagu mats
    1 person likes this.
  8. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Guys, I ordered online, Atlas Black, @3200.
  9. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Guys, I urgently need to replace mats in my TJet. My earlier car washer had IQ lower than his age, and he kept damp mats back in the car without letting them dry out completely. And I was to travel out of station for the next week. So when I came back, I saw fungus developing underneath the driver side, not to mention the sticky mats.

I inquired and was quoted 5200 for Linea Kagu mats. I find that quite steep. The other option is 3M mats. While not exactly 3D type, they are close. In terms of price, I guess its around Rs 3500. Then we have Star which I honestly got to know about through this thread. Hence the questions:

I read a lot of reviews of Kagu 3D mats on GH and TBHP. They seem to be going ga-ga over it. Either they don't know about Star, or its just another hype wave. But specifically, what did you not like in Kagu?

Not able to figure out the difference in quality between the two series. However, I personally feel that beige would get dirty real soon, especially because we are talking foot mats here!
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  10. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    @Nish when it comes to dirt, I think beige & black would be same. But the biggest benefit is that kagu mats are very easy to clean. You can either clean it with a brush or take it outside & wash it with water. For Linea I think Beige would look elegant & black for punto.