1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

3D mats query

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by vivek_lko, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

Are STAR 3d mats available off the shelf in Bangalore? Or should they be ordered from Delhi only?
    Can anyone tell me - Are the Kagu 3d mats really worth the premium? Will Star 3d mats do the trick? Are they available in black?
    TIA.
  2. omzworld

omzworld

Hey Guys went to JC road today for checking 3D mats for My.Fair.Lady but couldn't get anywhere.
    Those guys keep for every car except Punto it seems :). Cant fault with them considering the # of Punto queries they might be getting.

Checked out 2 varieties -
    3D Kagu - Rs4,300 quoted by one Konark accessories(Can be arranged)
    Some chinese one - Rs 2,300 - 2,700 (For every other car available)

Surprisingly quality of Kagu 3D didnt impress a lot and didnt feel its worth the premium. Wished I could get the cheaper one for Punto!
    Also I have got quote from Star 3D Mat (saimagwheels fame) of 3,200 and 3,500 for two vairieties.

ANy one here bought Star or the chinese mat in Bangalore?
    Want to get one of them quickly. Don't want my beauty to suffer any more!
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
  5. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  6. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Vivek you seem to have missed the previous posts in this thread. This was available long back & I am using one on my punto. But as PaddleShifter said, the contours of 3D mat is indeed better than Star 3D mat & you get black mats too in 3D mat whereas Star had only beige kind of color. If you are looking for practicality & cheaper rate, go for star. If you are going for better looks go for 3D mats. 3D mats are around 1500 Rs costlier than Star mats. Look wise my vote goes for 3D kagu.
  7. Kagu mats are the best available in the market.Got it delivered from Kagu 3D BAngalore for 4500 bucks.And they are still as good as new.
  8. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Just last week I came across *kind of* 3D mats by 3M. They are better at capturing dust (they trap dust) and are water proof. So you can just remove them, shake them vigorously and you're good to go. However, in the Etios that they were fitted, I couldnt see any contouring. Available colours - black, grey and beige. Priced at Rs 4500.
  9. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    @dj.nish ,I dont think those mats from 3M are Kagu mats.(Kagu is the material used). Even Kagu mats are water proof. I came to know about it accidentally. Once I kept a bottle of water on the floor mat inside a polythene cover & when I came back I could see this 1 liter spilled on the mat (Forgot to close the bottle cap properly) . I carefull took the mat out hoping to see more water underneath the mat & there was not even a single drop. So it was pretty simple for me & all I had to do is just turnover the mat & remove all water from it & dry it with a piece of cloth.
  10. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Like I said, *kind of*! My only comfort factor was the 3M brand. These are not contoured like Kagu 3D mats, but I feel have better dust catching and water repelling capabilities.