1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

3D mats query

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by vivek_lko, Sep 30, 2011.

1. King CM

King CM Amatore

Bangalore
    @mangeshtendulkar - Thanks for your quick response.

I will check in some local store in bangalore, if it is available.
    Did you buy it personally from any store or ordered online?
  2. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    User review for both Maxspyder Kagu and Star 3D mats. My TJet has Kagus and Punto has Star mats since July 2012. While the Star mats are still going strong, the Kagus are coming apart in the driver footrest area. I'm not happy at all considering I paid 5500 bucks for the Kagu mats. Pathetic quality.
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  3. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    Bought it from store, Car Cupid in Baner, Pune

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using Tapatalk 2
  4. King CM

King CM Amatore

Bangalore
    @nkapoor777- Thanks for your review. I will consider this while deciding on the purchase.

@mangeshtendulkar - Thanks for your response. I hope it is available easily in Bangalore also.

- CM
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Kagu start wearing off in the driver footrest area while the Star 3D don't. The reason is that Star 3D use a metal plate at the place where the driver rests his heel of the foot while driving whereas Kagu doesn't.

If one wants to have 3D mats, better to go for Star 3D than Kagu.
    2 people like this.
  6. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Yupp learnt it the hard way. Money down the drain. I'm thinking of getting these Carpet rubber mats for Linea from Fiat. These look good, are sturdily built and cost about 1300 bucks. Of course, they aren't 3D mats but I guess my obsession with 3D mats is over after my last experience.

The issue with Star mats is that they don't cover the rear footwell area very well and are not a proper fit. The probable reason is that there is a common set of mats available for Punto and Linea which fits the Punto very well, but not the Linea.

Although neither were the Kagus the best fit for the rear, they were slightly better. I went to buy Star mats for a friends Linea at their own store in Delhi recently and we tried every possible variant (cheap as well as most expensive ones), but all of them had the same issue with covering the rear footwell area. Dropped the plan and went for the Fiat mats I mentioned above.
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
    2 people like this.
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    +1. My dad is using these OEM carpet mats with plastic universal floor mats over them. I must say that the plastic mats do not move and are a very good fit too. Cost Rs700 or something for the plastic ones and Rs1300 for OEM carpet mats.
  8. manishgarg921

manishgarg921 Amatore

Ghaziabad
    Anyone in and around Delhi aware of good 3D mats for Linea ?
    I am looking for proper fit 3D mats.