1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

3D mats query

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by vivek_lko, Sep 30, 2011.

1. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Cinju bro, it would be really helpful if some recent snaps are uploaded as members can get an idea about its durability. It sure seems like a VFM option.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  2. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Will surely do this weekend. Need to do a little cleaning before posting pics ;).
  3. What is the cleaning procedure? can this be washed using soap solution.
  4. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Yes Sat. You can soak it with soap solution,clean it using a brush & all you need to do is keep it slanting for the water to drip out & 30 min sunlight would be enough to dry it out. I had once spilled a litre of water on this mat & not even a drop went beneath the mat.
    1 person likes this.
  5. scottzinne

scottzinne Timido

Gwalior
    guys wait before you buy kagu mats. my mats starting ripping off within 6-7 months. will post pics by this weak end.
  6. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    My experience with 3D mats was really sad.. spent so much money and mats died down within 6 months. I am using a new type of mats in my Car now(made up of Vinyl Mesh) that you would see in door mats at our homes... its awesomely durable and looks good too... wneh I got them installed in the car and went home my wife said "I like these new mats" ... Will post some pics as soon as I can.http://3.imimg.com/data3/EA/FI/MY-22468/standard-duty-matting-250x250.jpghttp://3.imimg.com/data3/FQ/TY/MY-22468/cushion-mat-250x250.jpg
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  7. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

Have you got these from 3M? I had seen similar ones at 3M and was quite impressed with their functionality (demo). However was not sure of the looks department. I am currently using the regular black rubber mats provided as freebies at the time of purchase. The dust simply won't stick on these and easily spills onto the carpet. Monsoon nearing, I was looking for options.
  8. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    The biggest problem with these mats is it accumulates dusts and if you have kids travelling, then food particles get in and then the bacteria's and fungus grow.
    Its not as easy to clean as the other ones.
    2 people like this.
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Exactly. During the rains, it is bound to smell foul with the water and all the dirt trapped securely inside with not much air circulation.
    IMO, these mats are good for the house entrance and not the interiors of the car.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2
    2 people like this.
  10. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    No got them from Elegance.. and yes they are similar to the ones that 3 M manufactures. I also got them to make a boot mat for my car. Looks Awsome...
    This should not be a problem .. in fact it has not been a problem at all as I have weekly cleaning done for them...just a matter of wash..and dry for couple of hours... and they are good to go...
    well they have been taking all the abuse they can from my 2 yr old son.. from juice to chips to bread crumbs...so far no problem at all..