1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

3D floor mats for Punto

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by sageeshr, Dec 26, 2014.

1. sageeshr

sageeshr Amatore

Bangalore
    Sarjapur Road
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Has any one got any idea about 3D floor mats available in market? Has anyone experienced? Are they useful and worth? How better they are from normal mats?

Quite a few queries below:
    1. Any difference in getting dirty from normal mats?
    2. Are they easy to clean?
    3. Durable?
    4. Worth?
    5. Where in Bangalore it is available to buy?
    gShrey likes this.
  2. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3

I got Star 3D Punto Mats from Sai Mag Wheels Delhi. You can order it online or check for Hercules wheels in Bangalore. These come for 2800 and 3200. The Kagu 3D comes for around 5500-6000. I got mine about 2 weeks back.

Any difference in getting dirty from normal mats? See it will get tye same amount of dirt,cause getting dirty is a component of how much dirt your shoes bring in.

Are they easy to clean? A breeze,I have so far cleaned it without taking tyem out of car. Due to design the dirt stays in mat and doesnt rollover to the original carpet. Just wiping with wet cloth does the trick.

Durable? Not sure as just 2 weeks old, but some people have had it for over 1.5 years and goung strong.

Worth? Its a personal perspective. I think its worth for 3K, but not 6K for Kagu, as difference in quality is not 2X.

Where in Bangalore it is available to buy? Hercules wheels or online Sai Mag Wheels

Below r pics of the Mats in my car. Picked it up personally as had to decide between the 2 variants.

uploadfromtaptalk1419800686663.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1419800707342.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1419800725357.jpg
  3. sageeshr

sageeshr Amatore

Bangalore
    Sarjapur Road
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks Kunwar for great and informative response!
    Its awesome to go through it,all the queries are answered very well and in detail.Thanks for the pics too.
    It made me to take the decision and buy it asap.
    Once again...thanks a lot.
  4. anoop

anoop Superiore

@sageeshr: One word of caution - please do not buy these from eBay or snapdeal, unless you are buying Kagu or Star. Most of the sites sell generic mats even though they mention it is specific for Punto. I brought one such mat from an eBay seller and realised that it is not specific for Punto, but rather a generic one (mine was 5 pieces pack).

--Anoop
    asimpleson likes this.
  5. sageeshr

sageeshr Amatore

Bangalore
    Sarjapur Road
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Sure Anoop! I will take care of it. Thanks.
  6. sachinls3

sachinls3 Amatore

Pune
  7. sageeshr

sageeshr Amatore

Bangalore
    Sarjapur Road
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Yet to buy:).
  8. sachinls3

sachinls3 Amatore

Pune
    Sorry, the question was for kunwar.g :)
  9. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Got the 3200. Its called Eco. The other is Atlas for 2800. The Eco has a shiny top finish and a high quality velcro based back which doesn't let the mat move around, yet it doesn't stick to the carpet, so when you want to remove the mat it doesn't need lot of effort, nor does it damage the original carpet.

The Atlas has a non shiny and slightly rubber look. The back is rubber based and has no velcro like property. Though I missed to try it and then test if its moves around, feel that the fit is tight enough to not let it move around a lot. The thickness of Atlas is slightly more ( has to be felt by comparing both in each hand) than Eco.

The Metal plate on both are secured with 6 star head screws. The location of the plate was in front to my use, so spend 30 minutes to change it and is perfect now.

The pic I have shared is of the Eco version.

Also, if you are picking it from the shop personally, do bargain on price as the online price is with shipping :). Shipping for these should be at least 250.00...
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
  10. sachinls3

sachinls3 Amatore

Pune
    Thanks for the reply kunwar.g. If Atlas has any rubber material then I won't go for it. I specifically want to change my current carpets as they are made of pure rubber. They say that we shouldn't use any rubber material as carpets due to fumes they create under the sun.