1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

33 years on the Road - A SAGA!!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.2 Fire' started by ratanshivi, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Ratan Sir, You have the wonderful memories hidden in you,
    As i have met you only once in the Monsoon Meet at malshej Ghat, It was Good interacting with you. Will surely catch up next time when i am in Mumbai...
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2012
  2. ratanshivi

ratanshivi Regolare

Mald (East)
    Thanks a Ton Guys - The encouragement is pushing me write all the more....
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Few pics will add 4 chand in this thread Ratan sir.
  4. ratanshivi

ratanshivi Regolare

Mald (East)
    Hey Guys,

I was to work on this thread this weekend but had to take off to Pune so could not update it. Kedar - I will definitely look for all the pictures shortly and update the same. I am Myself eager to colate all my memories...
  5. ratanshivi

ratanshivi Regolare

Mald (East)
    Sorry Folks for the Gap...........adding one more lap of the trip on the Road

Kinetic was a different experience by itself. Me and My family had some real good times on this bike. Life is full of ups and downs and during the downtime I bought a 2nd hand Kinetic which kept me far away from local transport. I used to go to work all the way to Bandra for one full year from Malad and then later to Andheri. During the rains the advantage with the kinetic is your legs get relatively protected from the rain. I have carried a lot of Bulky stuff on this Bike effortlessly due to the footboard. Even carried Multiple grocery bags thanks to the Footboard. I had modified the Kinetic with oversized Pistons which had made street fast and could do Wheelie’s effortlessly. My Son had started riding at very early age thanks to the Kinetic. It is on this Bike I happened to spot the Immaculate Maruti 800 with Black and White Leather seat covers. I immediately stopped and walked up to the Dealer and within 20 minutes cracked the Deal with him even though I was not sure if the Loan would go through. Luckily it went through and within a week was back in four wheeler after a stint of nearly 2 ½ years. After that there was no looking back. Coming back to the Kinetic tales once the entire Chasis broke on a speed breaker. I simply rolled into Chor bazaar and bought a second hand good condition piece. The Guy there also punched the Chasis number so that I would not face any issues. Post changing the Chasis I also changed the entire Body panels in bits and pieces. I recall I bought my first CD/DVD player and carted it home on the Kinetic from a Electronics Show at Bandra Kurla Complex.

I will surely add some more shortly......
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
    5 people like this.
  6. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Awesome sir! You have lived an eventful life!

Reading your posts gives an insight about the automotive scene back in your time.

I am still in nappies when it comes to driving. After spending more than eight years on bicycles, I have now graduated to scooters.
  7. puneet mehra

puneet mehra Amatore

Ratan Sir... its black and white era to colour era.... what a description you have given... Very interesting and fantastic... Keep the spirit alive sir...

Regards
    Puneet
    Its Paliomania
  8. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur
    Mr. Ratan,

Quite an interesting thread. Pictures speak volumes adding to the interesting write up. Waiting to see the continuation of the write up..

Regards,

Chalapathi Rao