1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

3000kms of Hell

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Ashok Ramanna, Oct 8, 2011.

1. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    The problem Mentioned by Ashok Ramanna Was faced by me too initially.not the abs and Brake part though.

Second day of purchase, Left side window switch box came out in hand. doors had some issues.
    but they were duly taken care of and here i am after ! year of owning her.

The tilt steering continues to remains a joke.

Any way good to know that you got very good value for your resale. 7.4 lakh is just awesome..BTW i bought my punto90hp for 7.35l only!
    Is there anymore customer like him I am ready to sell my Punto90hp and buy a Linea t-jet.!!
  2. DeepPai

DeepPai

Pune
    Yes the brake issues is a big problem with the 90HP's. I had my font disk brakes changed 2 times and then the calipers changed once in only 3k running!! Now I am at 5k and the brakes seem to still give me trouble. Up for servicing in 10 days so i'll find out soon what excuse the dealers gives from brakes this tim!
  3. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Ashok, How was your experience with XUV. Not hearing many reviews about it from the owners.. Hope yours is trouble free..
  4. Hey DeepPai ,
    I am also a new 90 hp owner .. Can you please throw little more light on the 2 issues : brake and the caliers ? Dont remember reading any of these 2 issues .

Ajit
  5. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Brakes conking off within 3 kms and then ABS giving up twice on the highway within is a bit too much? Power window box comes out into the driver's hands and that is a bit too much?

To the threadstarter, good that you sold off this lemon. A suggestion though. If you can wait, give the XUV500 a few months in the market. It's a great product and a giant leap for M&M but with the kind of gizmo's in the car and M&M's inexperience in high end cars packed with gizmo's, I feel it would be good to wait and watch how the SUV holds up in the long run.
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Well, no car is immune from lemons. Case in point is this XUV500 owned by someone who has been posting links on XUV facebook page.

Here are two pics for example. In the first pic, the outside temperature displayed is 99*C and the car is asking to set the cabin temperature at 99*C too.
    Photos of Mahindra XUV500 | Facebook

In the second photo, one of the LEDs of the DRL turned red.
    Photos of Mahindra XUV500 | Facebook

Other problems faced by the owner are also given on the page. See this discussion:
    the problems that i... | Facebook

Lemon can be produced by anyone.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Absolutely.

Big manufacturers too have produced not only lemons, but entire production lots with faulty parts .

e.g.

-Injector melting in Mercedes OM651 engine ( The latest E250 cdi & others engine).
    -High pressure fuel pump failures in BMW's Direct Injection Petrol engines.
    -Gearboxes committing suicide in Nissan GT-R's.
    ....the list goes on

These cars are at the top end of the spectrum, and still such issues.
    3 people like this.