1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

3000kms of Hell

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Ashok Ramanna, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Your cars ABS might have a had problem may be your wiper too, but otherthan that it's hard to agree with your other statements like streeing etc...
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Good you sold off the "blunder". I hope you have some peace now. Your case for labelling it a blunder is part reality and part exaggeration.

3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

hmmmm, i know how frustrating it is when problems keep cropping up in new car. but any new car can have these problem, be it merc or bmw or fiat. problems can be solved. there is not a single problem in the world related to automobile that cant be solved.

anyways go ahead with the XUV5OO, one of the best SUV one can buy in peanuts. awesome car it is.
  4. Hi Guys,

Thanks for the comments and also the suggestions. Well I agree I might be exaggerating and YES machines do come with problems which can be sorted out, but the piece of mind is very much needed as many of you guys have told. Now that I've sold it I would not be thinking of putting this across to fiat/consumer court. I've always believed that "you take care of the car and it takes care of you" which somehow din't happen here and the attachment went missing. I had even ordered the angel lights which will be coming next month sometime that was the enthu I had before buying it but once these stuff started i just lost it:(.

Moving ahead

Maxtor: Thanks Maxtor and will surely keep guys posted on the XUV
    Tron: Don’t worry about the “no offence” you have had a very good exp with fiat and mine vice versa
    Bala: When I enquired with the fiat people they said that I would get 5.5L max, luckily I found a buyer who could not get loan approval from bank as he had a very bad credit ratings at cibil and he purchased it for 7.4L, thereby minimising my loss to very little.
    Varun: Consumer court option was never in my mind, but I’ve explained the problems that I’ve faced to fiat and they said they would look into it but never came up still.
    Now the new owner knows everything I’ve faced with the blunder and he has taken it, so hoping atleast he is satisfied and happy with the buy.
  5. Bala

Bala Esperto

Very bad experiences,your's were Ashok,but,you were brave to move on disposing the vehicle,even if it meant a loss(I had very similar experiences with my earlier Swift,but I did not have guts to incurr,bear the loss of resale,so had the car for another 3 years,though I hated it every minute).
    Today,I read in Autocar,a similar experience of a Linea owner,who finally disposed the car within months of purchase and bought an Innova,very bad on Fiat's part for having a very poor QC controls.
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  6. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Sad but true with any car that gives so many troubles. **attachment went missing** no point in driving the car, good decision to sell the car.

I have had my share of troubles with my Palio, but it was only with one problem -- always with the driving gear, 3 times replaced but it was giving repeated problems. I use to feel why not sell the car, but car took care of me very well on numerous times

My JET is a dream machine, running very smooth and love every drive. Clocked 7K now.

Good luck with your new would be MUV/SUV
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
  7. royj

royj Esperto

Ashok, sorry to hear about your experience.
    Sometimes it happens.. call it bad luck or whatever. "the attachment went missing" is the key phrase. Without that a Fiat is nothing.
    Good that you could sell it off and have peace of mind.
    Good luck with your XUV. Please keep us informed of your experience with it.
  8. Sad to know about your experience. I understand that piece of mind is important. Even I too had poor acceleration with my punto which made me frustrated. But still I feel like my baby is suffering a Bad Health and I wished my baby get well soon. I never thought of getting rid of my baby. After all it is my baby and I shudn't give up when it is not doing good. I wish you have the attachment as you wish with your next car. And I wish ur punto goes in to a caring hands.
  9. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Recently I purchased 90 HP by exchanging old 75 BHP. My old FGT also was some giving repetive problems. But I went for 90 HP without pre-judice mind.
    I am seeing first owner of FIAT who had bashed FIAT in scarely bad .

My personal advice is not to sell the car. Because car is in warrantee. Get the car repaired in warramtee terms. and enjoy the magic of VGT.Everything will be fine.

But my friend I am 1000 % sure that if you go for another car and after that if you drive other FIAT MJD , you will definetly feel sad.
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  10. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Even if was a TD vehicle or anything, the problems mentioned are totally unacceptable and can't be defended by any explanation.