1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

3000kms of Hell

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Ashok Ramanna, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Hi Fiatians,

I'm writing, infact visiting this website after 2 months and wanted to share my experience of my 8.15Lak blunder that I've done:)

I don't wanna go through the bad experience of buying punto as there is plenty already available and experienced fellas out there. So lets begin with the day one experience of driving...like always if you guys are expecting that i would say it went like smooth super then fellas your wrong. My very 1st drive with my 90hp (I would like to refer it as BLUNDER from here onwards) lasted just 3kms and it went directly to garage instead of going to temple, thanks to brakes getting jammed, till date i dono exactly what went wrong whether it was abs problem or something else. Moving ahead few days later the excellent quality of plastic interiors showed its true colors when the power windows operator box on the rt front door came to hand after this the very next day the A pillar plastic also came off. I even took my blunder to a long drive to Hampi, let me give little credit : the engine and power is definitely awesome generating good pull and returning me 20kmpl while I was constantly keeping it at 120kmph. That was the only good thing of the blunder twice on the way the abs gave away and I had to ensure that I used my 13yrs of driving experience for our safety. The wiper blades also gave away once I came back from the trip. Added to this our Bangalore traffic and roads are so very awesome that we get to know that there are path holes only after the bumper hits the road or we ram to the front vehicle or the big median which we are not able to view properly thanks to the A pillar and the seating. The tilt steering also does not feel tilt even after making it down and in the normal position its least spoken, it makes us a feel that we are in the driver seat of tata 407. The list is endless, my woes with the blunder just goes on n on n on.

But, guys but...I managed to sell my blunder :mrgreen: today..and wanted to share this with all you fellas. So now the hunt for next car is ON..all the sedans and hatchbacks are out. Right now XUV500 did catch my attention..I've kept any of my vehicle starting from the bicycle till my last city )which lasted with me for 4yrs and even did dirt tracks) for a min of 3 yrs and everything was such a wonderful experience but this one I would like to forget that I had owned a fiat for 2 months.

cheers.
    Ashok
  2. Maxtor

Maxtor Amatore

New Delhi
    Owning a Fiat can be frustrating yes! Good to hear that you are graduating from a hatch to a 12 lakh SUV(XUV500). Maybe Punto did not meet your expectations in terms of size also ;-)
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    sad to hear your story. all the best for your new vehicle..
    i love my FIAT though!!
  4. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    well AshokRamanna, i know fiats have problems but above what you explained is bit too much, thats what i felt, NO OFFENCE!!
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2011
  5. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Sorry to hear that... Still request you to escalate your grievenace to FIAT once and tell them your experience.
  6. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    You surely might have got a lemon.Good thing u sold it,atleast u have peace of mind now.
  7. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sounds like a test drive vehicle put on your head, good that you got rid of it. It did have too many issues from what you have written, which in fact is very rare.
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2011
  8. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Very sad to hear your story,but somehow I feel that you will start liking a Punto/blunder(and long for it) only after buying any other car and comparing the ride,drive with your earlier blunder.If that happens,kindly let us know(how much money did you loose in the resale?)
  9. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    buying such a good brand new car n experiencing bad moments is indeed frustrating to the core and drained you emotionally. you must have moved against the dealer and fiat , and filed a complaint in the consumer court.... just a mention about this to some auto journos would have ensured that you get another brand new car altogether in exchange for this lemon that unfortunately landed in your hand.
  10. eNVe

eNVe Amatore

Thats very disheartening to hear that... Indeed its a painful & unfortunate journey you have had...
    Its all done and said now... All the best for your new car and keep us posted...