1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

300 KMS Ownership Review

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by tiaf, Nov 7, 2013.

1. AsifP

AsifP

Navi Mumbai
    Hey Tiaf, congratulations (again) on your car. Simply love the TW colour, it was the first choice for me until family persuaded me to go for a light shade.
    Sorry to hear about the scrappings/dents [I know it will hurt to see them in a new car]. But take heart from the incidents ... in both the incidents, you thought they were loud noices but the damage wasn't that big. Certainly the reason why we have opted for a Punto, the tank-like build will keep us and our family safe in untowards incidents.

Go for the reverse sensors. I have asked for them and my SA has quoted 4107/- [plus 300/- as labour charges] here in Navi Mumbai. Im going for sensors only [without the camera, that is] which I think will be very useful in tight parking/departing manouvers.

Also, true about the tight gear lever in 5th gear. I think this is normal in a new car and should ease out after a while. [We have experienced this in our new Alto and WagonR as well].

Have fun and drive safe.
    Asif
  2. tiaf

tiaf Novizio

Chennai
    Hi all,

It has been a long time since I posted.
    I have clocked 11300 Kms so far.
    I would like to get the dents (one on left front door, one on front left above wheel and one on the left rear boot lid) repaired and I have a few queries. Please throw some light.
    These dents look minor to me, however feel like getting it fixed !

1. Is it ok to go the insurance route to get the dents attended at Ramkay itself? Generally how many days does it take to get dent fixed ?
    2. It it ok to get the job done somewhere outside? If so which is the best place to get it done?
    3. I am not planning to continue insurance with FG which I need to renew by coming oct.
    I assume NC bonus will be available even if I take insurance from someone else provided there are no claims so far. Is this correct?
    What would be the best thing to do to get the dents repaired? Insurance route @Ramkay or spending money from pocket and getting it done outside Ramkay?