1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

300 KMS Ownership Review

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by tiaf, Nov 7, 2013.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Fortunately you have the insurance to your rescue. Take care while driving. Eventually, you will learn just about how much space to give to other speeding vehicles or when not to entertain them to keep them from colliding with you. Don't worry no one is born expert in driving. 'Maneuvering' on road is great fun especially on Fiats which you will begin to appreciate as you relationship with this car grows with time.
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Very bad, should be evil eyes all around you in office and around residence.
    Time to tie a padikara kal in the front grill, I believe.
  3. tiaf

tiaf Novizio

Chennai
    ha ha, why blame some one else for my mistakes?
    Thank you for your concern, will get it done sometime.

Checked with Ramkay on reverse parking sensors, He quotes 4K for the one without camera and it is a Fiat make.
    Looks like I can get this done from car accessories shop for a cheaper rate.
    Do they create a fuss stating warranty would be void in case I get it installed elsewhere?
    Guys, what do you suggest?
  4. Volt

Volt Novizio

Mumbai
    @tiaf, I would suggest you go with the Fiat genuine accessory. I got mine fitted before delivery and they have done a pretty decent job. I have seen friends getting these fitted from outside and some of them have been quite messy, so unless you are sure of the workmanship, it is better to get the FASS guys handle the job.
  5. nethan

nethan Amatore

Bangalore
    Congrats.

I bought My Punto on 8 Nov 2013. Even I didn't receive RSA Manual. Anyhow planned to ask them for RSA manual as well as Extd Warranty booklet may be in a couple of days when I go back to the dealer for fixing Number Plates.

P.S. Regarding dents and scratches; all vehicles are prone to this kind of niggles irrespective of driving experience. so don’t spoil your peace of mind unless it affects your car performance. </SPAN>
    Had a same kind of experience with my first vehicle too. Each and every time when I fix some scratch and dents, very soon another happens due to other persons or because of my wife's driving.
    One fine Sunday morning parked my car outside after a complete makeover by removing tars and scratches. A small boy from nearby slum like area was walking past my car and stopped looking at it because of its glossy metallic look. Immediately he took a lock key from his pocket and made a long scratch from front to rear door on left side :evil:</SPAN>I was taken aback for a moment and ran to get hold of this boy but on seeing this ran fast and escaped. My wife told me stop fixing scratches anymore and let it be a eye sore so at least going forward nothing happens. However i was not at all satisfied but couldn't oppose my wife (who else could :() </SPAN>to get it fixed . But to my surprise that was the last major scratch on the vehicle. My suggestion would be leave it as such until you are completely in control of your vehicle on road. Once you feel that you are comfortable with your car dimensions and dynamics and then obviously there will not be any other scratches or dents. I call it as a saturation point and that would be the right time to get it fixed.</SPAN>

Important Note: Speak to Service guys @ Ramkey and enquire them about insurance claim regarding dents and scratches, more importantly ask them whether a single claim can be made for multiple incidents. It may sound little weird but with my Maruti 800 insured with National Assurance I made a single claim for multiple scratches/dents happened individually. Service guys @ Vishnu cars in Chrompet really helped me with that. If that is possible, then keep driving happily. </SPAN>

Happy punting !</SPAN>
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  6. tiaf

tiaf Novizio

Chennai
    thanks nethan!

First of all congrats on your new car.

Even I felt the same, no point in getting minor dents repair. I shall instead spend the money on diesel for long trips :p
    These do not affect the drive or performance in any manner.
    The rear fog lamp is a bit loose, I shall just get that fixed and install reverse parking sensor.

I think it does not make much sense to check the fuel efficiency now, still I get around 8.6 or so.
    So far I rarely used the 5th gear, have started to use it recently. The 5th gear shift is quite hard, hope this will change with time.
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Tiaf,

Regarding the door sil, can you post some pics of the same? Can you also elaborate about your statement pls?

Regarding the scratches, they are a part n parcel of owning a car and driving in heavy traffic. For the first couple of months, my wife used to repeatedly ask me if there are new scratches, now a days she stops being a perfectionist.
  8. tiaf

tiaf Novizio

Chennai
    Door still is a metal strip placed/stuck in the floor area once you open the door.
    It does not serve any purpose I suppose !
    Will definitely post a picture of it sometime.
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    I thought the Door Sil was meant to protect the rubber beading from getting damaged/scratched during the ingress/egress. Although I have seen the pic of door sil, but not on the car, hence the request.
  10. nethan

nethan Amatore

Bangalore
    </SPAN>

But there is already a black plastic door sil which is pasted there. Checked with the service center that whether front door plastic door sill was available or not and found that it is available. So I guess spending 400/- on door sil is not on my check list and rather I’d buy a good quality mild air freshener(which doesn't punch our nostrils hardly). However it's purely my choice and not common opinion.

Whenever we buy a new product, we will be in an excited stage for a while and we will always have a tough time by tracking our spending(which is mostly useless). My dad follows a common(GOLDEN) rule when it comes to add-on’s irrespective of the nature of products he buy. Use it as such for a while; only then we will understand what is mandate and what auxiliary as per our owning / driving condition. Since I had learnt some hard lessons in the past about my savings W.R.T aforesaid situation and now I’m following my dad’s footstep when it comes to add-on’s.</SPAN>

- - - Merged Post - - -

</SPAN>

But there is already a black plastic door sil which is pasted there. Checked with the service center that whether front door plastic door sill was available or not and found that it is available. So I guess spending 400/- on door sil is not on my check list and rather I’d buy a good quality mild air freshener(which doesn't punch our nostrils hardly). However it's purely my choice and not common opinion.

Whenever we buy a new product, we will be in an excited stage for a while and we will always have a tough time by tracking our spending(which is mostly useless). My dad follows a common(GOLDEN) rule when it comes to add-on’s irrespective of the nature of products he buy. Use it as such for a while; only then we will understand what is mandate and what auxiliary as per our owning / driving condition. Since I had learnt some hard lessons in the past about my savings W.R.T aforesaid situation and now I’m following my dad’s footstep when it comes to add-on’s.</SPAN>