1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

3 Years/45000 KMs service query

Discussion in 'Pre service query' started by talkraghu, Nov 19, 2014.

1. talkraghu

talkraghu Timido

Bangalore
    Do we need to replace engine coolant, transmission oil, brake/clutch fluid shall service of 45000 kms / End of 3rd year ?

Is glowplug replacement covered under warranty?
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Haven't you got replaced above fluids in 2 years/30K kms service?
  3. talkraghu

talkraghu Timido

Bangalore
    They have replaced these oils at 2nd year/30k service. I called up Fiat Service helpline to get confirmation on this. They were inturn asking me to check with service dealer.
    As i understand, these service centers try to fool us by replacing all the oils without noticing what FIAT has recommended.

@Ravi, pls correct the thread title name with 45000 kms service. A typo there
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Do verify with service manual. Next time all oils need change will be with 4 years or 60K kms.

Corrected, thanks.
  5. talkraghu

talkraghu Timido

Bangalore
    Few days back, I had taken my car for a few bumper related issues. While they were fixing it, they found glowplug failure. They replaced the glowplug and charged me along with other repair charges. Recently while reading other teamfiat threads, I got to know that glowplugs are covered under warranty.

I got frustrated that SA did not inform me about warranty coverage for glowplugs. Today, I went to Aadya motors service center and informed them about the same. They were not ready to listen and kept on arguing that a bill once invoiced cannot be reversed. I had to threaten them that I shall take this matter with FIAT INDIA. After some heated discussions, I got to meet the service manager and then she assured me to reverse the money at charges made at next visit.

In between this , I enquired SA the about replacing engine coolant, transmission oil, brake/clutch fluid shall service of 45000 kms / End of 3rd year. He kept on repeating that all the oils need replacement every year till I told him about the manual asking for change every 2 years.

All I am trying to point is: Do not trust the service guys. They try to shell you out more money. You need spend some time and technically understand what needs to done at every service and repair. The After sales are still hopeless at bangalore. I dont know how will the guys buying Avventura will feel with this treatment.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 19, 2014 ---
    I am just opening up myself and throwing up some ASS stories.

Front bumper had misaligned due to jumping a big bumper in high speed. The SA took the car for repair and informed me that it would take 2 hours to get it repaired and would cost 800 bucks. I was shocked to hear the cost. On asking the reason for high cost, he said I will offer some discount and get it done for 650 rs.

Finally when the bill arrived, I saw it was 250 rs. SA was trying to be a hero saying that i favored you by reducing rates :). I kept quite thinking myself that I have become a mamu for them
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 19, 2014 ---
    One more story.

The left door's opening knob was too loose. The assigned person kept working on it for 3 hours. I know that a spring inside needs to be placed properly there. But the technician was not competent to do that work. I kept on watching his work and finally he solved the issue to 70%. I was Ok and asked SA to give me a gate pass. He said that I need to pay for that 3 hrs of labour work. I was like WTF. I had to lecture him on their competency skills to get a free gate pass.

They keep saying a famous quote in Kannada.. It goes like this "Nim gaadi factory inda chennagi bandre, gaadi chennagi irutte". Frustati :(

Translation for "Nim gaadi factory inda chennagi bandre, gaadi chennagi irutte" - If your car comes out of the factory in good condition, car will be good"

Note: Do add the translation for the regional language or resist posting in regional language.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2014
    whitepunto76 likes this.
  6. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    @talkraghu:
    Just to fix wheelcaps to the steel rims I was charged for Rs350. And that too was not torqued properly.
    They did it by hand even though they had machine handy. Later, after complaining got it done properly.
    It all depends on SA whom you are interacting with.