1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

3 M waxing done for my fiat linea

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by Manusankar, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Manusankar

I want to share my experiance of doing 3M wax coating for my linea. The story starts like this. In my linea in the driver side two doors back and front there was a big scratch starting from back door to my front door. I planned of painting my door. I went to Tafe reach chennai and enquired about the rate .They told that three panal has to be painted and will cost around 10000 rs. I was not ready to spend so much money for that. THen i heard from my friend that if we do was coating we can remove some minor scratches. I searched in internet and got the details of the new 3M showroom in nungambakkam. I called to the number available in the net .A person named Dushy attended my call and asked me to come for a demo.

Next day i reached the showroom at 5.30 pm .They had showed a demo in the scratched door and they told that deep scratches are very difficult to remove. Once the demo is over the scratches became dull but not completely gone.He told me that once we do the whole polising it will be even more dull. I booked an appointment on 23-08-2012 .

On the same day morning i went to the showroom at around 10.30 am and gave my vehicle .He told that he will inform me once the work is over .by 3.00pm on the same day i got a call telling that the work is over.When i reached the showroom i was surprised to see my car. It looked as a brand new car in showroom condition.I am attached the photos before and after the service.

The 3M showroom guys are very good in the service. After finishing the work i pointed out some area where the was is not done properly. They were ready to clear that area without any hesitation.After the work is over they had given some tips to maintain the car like this for ever.Totally i am very much happy with the work.

2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Did the 3M guys skipped the polishing of the bonnet? And just wax it.

The reason i ask is, after a thorough detailing session, swirls shouldn't be there. Like we can see in the bonnet pic you've posted.
  3. venka

venka BANNED

yeah, even i felt the same as Guruji.

If its only waxing we can observe swirl msrks to a certain extent. But here they are more!!!!

you can remove them with paint protection package, as i did the same.
  4. btw,how much did they charge for the job??
  5. Manusankar

Sorry wrong image .That was befor waxing. More pictures

IMG_8686.jpg .
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2012
    2 people like this.
  6. Manusankar

THey charged me 5050 rs
  7. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Great Job done with utmost professionalism.

Kudos to 3M... :up

8. sungoa2010

Great job from 3M.
    Hi would like to here the secret tips for maintaining the wax. :D
  9. Manusankar

Tips on maintaining the car is
    1. use wet cloth on we surface.Dont clean the car with dry cloth with dry car body
    2. Clean the bird dirts as early as possible. beacuse bird dirt can cause dullness
    3. Use some wax once in a month.