1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

2nd Innings... My italian wine LINEA MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by shashanknathani, Dec 27, 2013.

1. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    uploadfromtaptalk1394094219834.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1394094256150.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1394094267930.jpg
    A new addition.... doors damped with weurth sound deading sheets.

Materials used -3 sheets per door.
    Cost -2400 for a pack of 6 sheets

Doors done - front doors

Results are amazing. The vibrations have reduced by 60-70%. I can play trans music till 20-22 volume in Stock head unit.

ICE: set up taken out from my punto, Sony Xplod 6inch comps front and Jbl 6inch co-axials rear

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Tapatalk
    4 people like this.
  2. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Nice addition Shashank...

You got good deal there for weurth noise deadening pads...

I am sure weurth must be doing its duty quite well...

Cheers...

Neel

Sent from my PUNTO using Tapatalk
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    These weurth noise deadning pads will be tested by Fiat sometime in future, these definitely have be recommended to certain of their officials. I saw some samples recently and they are just about right priced for the thickness in which they come. If approved, these may find their way in future Fiats. :p
    1 person likes this.
  4. shashanknathani

Pune
    To add to that I got dynamat one sheet each in the rear door. Did not have the patience to procure weurth again and get the job done in rear

2 people like this.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Dynamat is thicker and the most sought after, but weurth can be used for more layers of insulation (inside out) for similar amount of money.
  6. shashanknathani

Pune
    I completely agree on the money part. dynamat is actually not thicker but thinner than wuerth sheets. It is very light weight and the sound deadening is better in it. The result of three sheets of weurth is similar to one and half sheet of Dynamat.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Well, thanks for the info. It was a common belief that the material was more thicker and better than competitors. I suppose Wuerth will be a better choice then? or should one better look at Dynamat only. What is a better choice between the two if one chooses to go for just one brand?
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    2400 for 6 sheets is good. For each door, that came down to Rs1200. So, for all four doors, it shall cost around Rs4800. Can you comment on the result when compared to Dampmat as well? :)

I was told in March 2011 that Dynamat costs Rs14,000/- for the bulkpack and the almost similar Dampmat from Ludhiana costs Rs9000 (now it costs Rs9500 in Feb 2014).

I have Dampmat in all four doors. Bought 1 bulk pack containing 9 sheets/36 sq feet and they were barely enough for 4 doors damped in 3 layers. But the outcome is totally worth it.
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  9. shashanknathani

Pune
    Dynamat is better any day

1 person likes this.
  10. FIAT_RIDE

FIAT_RIDE

Coimbatore
    Hi,
    Just gone through your thread. Gods Grace you have been saved in the way of your Car. In Used Car market, FIAT cars are bit less competitive compared to its segment competitors.
    Its really interesting to see the people who take FIAT are mostly different from other car lovers.
    I dont know how to differentiate the Love, but its surely a different one.
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2014