1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

2nd Innings... My italian wine LINEA MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by shashanknathani, Dec 27, 2013.

1. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Just completed a massive goa trip in my linea... amazing highway handling and control

No issues at all. Successfully completed 1270kms round trip.

Mileage was 16kmpl

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    6 people like this.
  2. pradeepg245

pradeepg245 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Wish you a Happy newyear and many such wonderful trips.
  3. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Any travelogue without the pics will be treated as a crime. :evilsmile
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
    4 people like this.
  4. shashanknathani

Pune
    @mchanna I am waiting for the pics from my friends. Will upload them shortly

1 person likes this.
  5. shashanknathani

Pune
    My linea got remapped.....

Well it was a tiring experience and we faced so many issues but the result today is amazing..

1. When Rajiv loaded the new maps in my linea and we went for a ride italia_linea was behind the steering wheel, the car was amazing but then suddenly it lost power and started showing check engine... we came back in stress.

2. All in patience and little puzzled checked for any broken turbo hose inside the bonnet but we could not spot anytjing major... italia_linea connected thw ECU scanner, cleared the error and this time Rajiv took the steering wheel and I was at co passenger seat... wow the car was pulling like anything.. Rajiv mentioned that this is one of the best responses he is getting... the car feels lot different and then suddenly it went out of power... the turbo started kicking after 3000rpm.. we came back to parking..

3. Attempt three, this time I was on the steering wheel, Rajiv on co passenger seat with ECU Scanner connected and logging the ECU stats.. we woke up Amit Pinge who was sleeping in one of the "in queue" punto and started the test run again... the logs were just perfect but the turbo was spooling at 3000rpm.. we came back disappointed

4. There comes the thinking of two great minds : Italia_linea and amit.pinge and they suggested that this is definitely an issue with solenoid valve...

I came back home at 6 am but

5. This time on my way back home the car was a breeze... turbo starts spooling at 1750 and my god it was mind blowing on 3rd map.. loved the 24km drive back home. Linea took away my sleep...

The solenoid valve / turbo delay issue is still a mystery

2 people like this.
  6. shashanknathani

Pune
    Well I have the answer to the mystery... got up at 12 and headed to Pandit Auto...

I told them the exact same words which italia_linea asked me to say.. "turbo kicks in at 3000rpm, please check solenood valve"... voila it was the issue with the vaccum pipe that connects turbo to solenoid valve... Italia_linea and amit.pinge are officially our pune mjd experts :-D

They replaced the vaccum pipe and voila the car is back in maps.. driving in 3rd map as of now.. I plan to drive each map for 250kms and then drive stock map for 250kms before making a judgement on whih map suits best for my driving style and usage....

3 people like this.
  7. shashanknathani

Pune
    uploadfromtaptalk1391454126244.jpg

2 people like this.
  8. shashanknathani

Pune
    Met Viraj and Prasad on my way back home from Pandit Auto...

Viraj's comment on the feel " today I sat in Shashank's remapped Linea. that turbokick at 2k rpm in 3rd map on FC road was awesome. so unlike the regular linea!" I have big grin on my face now... two days of hard work, sleepless nights, amazing support from some amazing tfiians... the juice is really worth the squeeze ..spl. thanks to tfi pune guys and rajiv for their patience and explaining each and everything to it's best

3 people like this.
  9. shashanknathani

Pune
    In city driving on 3rd map, I am getting mileage of 12.5kmpl. The average speed is around 20kmph and I think this justifies the traffic I am facing in testing the map...

10. shashanknathani

Pune
    Remap update: Driven a total of 140kms on third map as of now... Mileage in city has increased to 14.2kmpl. I am still adjusting to the change in power and torque and driving style.

All in all the car feels like a new car. I noticed one thing that in 3rd Map the engine is revving high and it reaches 2000 rpm as soon as i touch the throttle...
    1 person likes this.