1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

2nd Fiat into the family? How many of you would consider such a decision

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Pauleralil, Sep 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I made a very BIG MISTAKE by allowing my dad sell off the Padmini, still the memories are there, and after that we had 800 and i dont every remember the days with 800......
    For sure the next car will be FIAT by me......

Dude go for Punto, Its a great car.... Tell me which car does not have any issues!!!!!!
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2012
  2. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Hey guys thanks for the response.. [Actually i show these to convince my better half :) :) ]

I like Fiat, even though i faced small issues.. I have a RE STD 350cc with the CI engine..so small issues dont bother unless i get stuck some place.. Till date ma linea has never put me in that spot..

The reason i cant take decision on punto is bcoz of the same interiors as that of linea and the color options. i can't the TW again as ma linea is the same color and oceanic blue to my eyes doesn't do full justice to this beauty :)though i would like get the BNW ma wifey wants something different. Ritz has got the Chocolote brown color which we both like:)

Got a call from KHT motors yesterday and the punto is readily available. As i am travelling for next 3 weeks and i will take the final decision once i return.. Hoping to seal the decision by tomorrows TD sessions with RITZ, SWIFT, VW POLO, Toyota Etios and FIAT PUNTO.. its close race btw PUNTO & RITZ...
  3. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Linea 1.4
    Very well mate! Nice to see you are all sorted now :p

Regarding the final two Short-listed by you, all i would say is just slam the door shut on both the punto and Ritz and you will have your answer. Color should not be the deal breaker.
    "Safety" is the best color IMO ;)

Moreover, A linea and punto make such a hot couple:D:p

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
    4 people like this.
  4. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Hi Guys..

Thanks for all the responses....

I did not consider VW, FIGO, SKODA & Chevy for the mere fact that are very expensive when you consider lifecycle cost, less powerful compared to FIAT, Suzuki and less reliable:) Dint look at Renault, nissan as i did not like the overall design... just my take..others are free to differ.. So the other contenders left were the RITZ, Punto, SWIFT, Dzire, ETIOS and I20...

Here is brief of what i felt after TDing/visiting their showroom

Etios TRD:
    Exterior Looks - I liked the blue color and the smoked alloys looked great
    Interiors- Its a total let down but felt better with the beige interiors.

TD of Etios I felt there is a lot of engine noise coming into the cabin which is in my viewpoint a bit irritating. Interior space is best in class but the back seat without a neck rest was a negative.. OTR BLR: Approx 7.87lkhs. Nandi toyota SA was very helpful throughout the process.
    Verdict: Interiors, Engine noise were deciding factors

i20: Great interiors but i felt Hyundai is looting us. the version with Abs starts 864,000 and with Abs & Airbagpriced at 9.19lkhs.. again heard the services costs and spare parts cost of i20 is very high..hence i let go of hyundai...

Ritz: 2012 ritz its a great vehichle to drive around.. steering mounted controls, electric OVRMS, all wheels alloys..
    Ride was pretty comfortable.. Great all round visibility..Best part we liked is the rear seat.. perfect inclination and i felt the price is also pretty good 7.87lhs OTR BLR...
    Negatives: Steering feedback and breaking when compared with the Punto..
    Verdict: definite shortlist

Punto: same interiors of that of linea... felt it would been gr8 if we got a beige version instead of the grey.. Steering feedback, breaking, suspension setup are the best inclass..
    Felt it is one of the safest among all the vehicles i drove.. other positives over the ritz( 1. Auto Climate controls, Bluetooth connectivity, MID functions, other small things like door open warning, desmodronic keys, powerlocks, dead pedal, better ovrms( compared to RITZ)..

Negatives: Didnt like the grey interiors.. rear seats are not as comfortable as the RITZ.. Price is a whopping 9.12lkhs for the Punto Sports in bangalore.

Help from Tfians: is Punto sports better or should is stick the Punto 1.3 mjd emotion variant( approx 8.50lkhs OTR) can some tell me if it is really worth spending the money for the 90hp engine and some addons like sporty branding, blah blah blah..

Its RITZ ZDI vs Punto 1.3 EmoVs Punto sports :) your advice would be really helpful to take a final decision.
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    If you have plan to take the car to highways very frequently then Punto Sports makes more sense. If its going to be for city use and for occasional highway drive, Punto Emotion should suffice. Ritz ZDI is not VFM in my opinion.
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

I20 started off as being an expensive car in the first place and that's because Hyundai made this car as "Export only" and they had absolutely no intensions of selling it in India..
    Someone in the mgmt thought they will try selling it in india and when it started to pick up pace (Even at that high price) did they decide to launch it in india..
    That's why when you compare it with any other model in india the interiors are much much more polished ;-)
    Get the drift?

I think so too , I even felt that swift was not VFM, not sure about the new model though

As for the topic. I'm definitely going to "BUY" (not consider , but buy) another fiat shortly.. I'm just waiting to see if fiat will launch a new linea or even an SUV.
    I'm trying really really hard to convince my better half that she should learn to manage a bigger car...
    (haven't we all gone through the same thing)
    1 person likes this.
  7. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Just wanted to share the news that i decided on the Punto Dynamic BNW( Absolute ). Paid the full downpayment today and the loan sanctioned from SBI today. Did the PDI post loan formalities. I have zeroed in on Aug 2012 manufactured Punto.

Overall i am satisfied with the buying experience from KHT Motors ( Sandesh & Saeed were of great help). Special thanks to Adit as well for approving certain request from myside.

As far as the delivery of the vehicle I am planning to take the delivery on Saturday morning :) as there a long holidays next week and a very hectic week So didnt want the KHT team to hurry and be careless..

Keeping my fingers cross. I will share my buying experience later after i take the delivery of the punto...
    5 people like this.
  8. Very good decision mate... have the second laddu and enjoy..!!:)
  9. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    congrats, You have the Two Gems in your Shed Now......
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2012
  10. Congrats...and great decision...post lot of pics after you get the car..btw what is the deal that you got?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.