1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

2nd Fiat into the family? How many of you would consider such a decision

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Pauleralil, Sep 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Go for the Punto MJD. Out of the cars you have mentioned, the Punto is the natural choice.

Vespa?
    2 people like this.
  2. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Your wife is right. I don't see any logical reason in going in for a second Fiat specially with the current range of car's Fiat offer's. If the Punto & Linea were as good as the Palio in reliability then I would have said 'close your eye's and get a second Fiat.' You may have had a niggle free Linea but please remember, with the current model's, getting a niggle free Fiat is a lottery.

Sadly, there is no hatchback currently that will give you the feel of a Fiat - I am guessing you mean the solidity & dynamic's that the Fiat's give. I am not sure how long you can wait but the Fiesta hatchback can be a good option provided Ford confirms the launch.

I would suggest you to go in for a reliable car over the Punto. Take a look at the Jazz or Brio as your second car. If it's diesel, I'd say go for the Swift. Since you have asked about future launches, I guess you don't have a problem waiting for a few months for your new car. Do check if you and your wife are comfortable with the brakes of the L & V variant's.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I agree with amit, in case if its Petrol, Jazz seems the best fit.

However, for Diesel, except Swift to some extent, no other diesel hatch is near to Punto.
    1 person likes this.
  4. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Na, something with a little more grunt

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  5. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    No brainer for me.

I bought a second FIAT , a Palio and waiting for a 3rd to come into the family.

You are fortunate to be living in a country that has Linea and Punto and your budget allows to have both in your garage...why would you think twice, i say...;)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
    3 people like this.
  6. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Ducati?!

(10 character limit!)
    1 person likes this.
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is the most stupid line I am reading that having a trouble free Punto/Linea today is a lottery. LOTTERY?? Are you serious? Because this implies that 99% of FIAT cars are lemons. :confused

Are 99% FIAT cars lemons? Because only 1% win lotteries so only 1% people have a FIAT car that's not a lemon?

Small niggling problems are common with all cars. Swift has rattling body as a feature. I have seen brand new Swifts rattle. So are the problems with all other brands that do not charge very high premium from their cars.

Anyways, I have driven a Swift quite a bit and it does not come even close to Punto in terms of driving pleasure. I have not driven a Ritz.

What's your monthly running? Are you comfortable with a petrol car or do you want a diesel car?

For Petrol, I would recommend i20 Petrol (Blue color looks awesome-subjective) or a Jazz petrol, as both are comfortable to drive in city traffic. EPS steering is also easier for ladies to drive (I assume both of you may use the car). i20 has better interiors and equipment in comparison to Jazz but Jazz offers much more space. Also, Honda cars have a wafer thin body. I say this because my professor has a Honda City VMT variant and I have felt the doors and boot of this car many times when using it inside the college. i20 in comparison feels better.

For diesel, my recommendation will be Punto MJD or a Ritz DDiS. Ritz because of the ease of driving owing to the EPS. Punto for the ride quality.
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
    4 people like this.
  8. varun pandit

varun pandit Amatore

dehradun
    ha ha ha ha vespa.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I'd love a Novo Uno Multijet. Small and zippy.

6754317253_90c17611fc_z.jpg
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Forget about Swift in India. A colleague of mine recently got a 2011 Camry (has run 25000 miles) here in USA. He usually drops me at home. Know what, I hear rattling noise from mulitple places.

Piaggio Ape? ;)
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
    5 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.