1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

29500km and 19 months 3rd service.

Discussion in 'Pre service query' started by brandnewpunter, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    At about the same mileage my car had met with a major accident which might have been due to worn out brake pads and hence I changed them at that time,this despite my car doing duties only on national highways and breakes not being abused.
    Think about changing the break pads.
  2. brandnewpunter

brandnewpunter Amatore

Chennai
    Changed them today. The total cost came around 3400-3600. Will post exact amount and breakup soon. Apart from the charges for oil I was charged 450 for labour. I was waiting in the service centre the whole time. They took longer than promised time but they were apologetic and tried their best. Today being saturday I guess some mechanics were on leave.

The SA asked to change brake pads soon within next 500 kms as he said there is very little life remaining. Did not do it today as I was in a major hurry. The car is around 32500 now. Not much running in the last 5-6 months. I was told that I have 6-7k kilometres of life during the month of june but now I am being told that there is only 500 kms of mileage left. The SA told the breaks give away with a screeching sound at the end of life and that they will damage the discs.

Thank you Bala and sorry about the accident. I will definitely change them soon.
  3. brandnewpunter

brandnewpunter Amatore

Chennai
    Labour = 455
    Transmission oil =1150
    power steering oil = 550
    Brake fluid = 399
    Coolant = 995

I would have saved on labour costs if I have replaced this during 3rd service. I assumed there would be no labour when these fluids are changed. (which thinking back is stupid)