1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

28000 Km 9 month Punto 1.3 Active

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by puntopunter, Jun 1, 2010.

1. puntopunter

puntopunter Novizio

My journey Begins For the car in july 09 i was closely following the launch and other users review in various forum like team bhp and almost finalised to buy the car but due to my budget constraints i have to chage the option of punto to indica vista. So mid august We(me & brother)went ot malik car showroom to book indica vista and almost booked a black vista while my brother and salesman was busy in finalsing the deal for vista i was looking at Punto in showroom and then suddenly "what the heck we buy car for long time and once i bought the car i wont be able to change the car for some years" so i went to my brother and salesman who were busy in some paper work and told them " rehne do hume ye car nahin kharidni" both of them looked at me :eek: and said "kya hua" no we are not buying vista instead we are buying Punto just after saying word Punto the expression of my brother changed to :wow :dancing. then we booked B.N white active 1.3 and we were given 15 days for Delivery.But it took 20 days to deliver them.
    Just a Week After we(me & my friends) took a holiday and headed to mysore from hyderabad We Left Hyderabad 7 am in morning and reached Mysore 6 In the evening all the 700+ km driven by me as no one else knows driving But i didnt realised i have driven 700 km in a day alone no tiredness. The total trip was of 2500 km in just 3 days and i was totally impressed by the car.
    Now instead of initial ownership review i would jump to long term ownership(not in term of 9 months but 28000 km) in my next post till then some pictures of My first Trip in car
    [attachment=2:2hiowcwy]Punto 2.JPG[/attachment:2hiowcwy]
    [attachment=0:2hiowcwy]puto 3.JPG[/attachment:2hiowcwy]

puto 3.JPG
  2. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Good going buddy, 28k in 9 months. WOW! keep it rolling and drive safe.
  3. puntopunter

puntopunter Novizio

After Some 28000 kms this is what i feel and noticed about italian beauty
    I have driven car on all kinds of road but most of my drive is on highways and expressways the car feels solid and planted on highways cornering is dream you feel like going again and again on corners.the engine is becoming quiter day by day, miles by miles and more rev happy its like "growing younger day by day". Built quality is solid my under body has been hit many times but still no damages nothing.
    I am getting around 19kmpl in highways and 14 kmpl in city with 100% A.c on
    Already two services has been done and third one is very near.no major issues faced with car as of now.
    [attachment=4:1qo3k0my]Punto 4.JPG[/attachment:1qo3k0my]
    [attachment=3:1qo3k0my]Punto 5.JPG[/attachment:1qo3k0my]
    [attachment=2:1qo3k0my]punto 6.JPG[/attachment:1qo3k0my]
    [attachment=0:1qo3k0my]punto 7.JPG[/attachment:1qo3k0my]

Some of the minor issue
    Once Clutch Set has been replaced by company even though i have not faced any issue i got a sms from fiat as there are some problem in clutch so they called for checkup and replace the set
    Door beading is coming out complained to the tass as it was not in stock they said will change in the 3rd service
    And Yes my stock j.k tyres completely worn out in 27000 km so changed it to yokohama A drive 185/70/R 14 @ 3110 Per tyre

punto 7.JPG
  4. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

hi puntopunter. congrats on buying Punto. plz put up some more pics.
  5. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Wooh.... Am sure when you drive your car now its as good as the way you got it from the showroom... Dats the best part in the PUnto...
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Wow, 28000 KM already completed?

How is your car behaving now?
  7. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

nice investment in the a-drives. i too changed to 185/70 r14 for my emotion and it has been the best investment till date
  8. puntopunter

puntopunter Novizio

Car is behaving same as its just out of a showroom only worry now is the rubber beading of doors because of that there is air sound in cabin on highspeed and the T.A.S.S does not have in stock will take 20 days as told by them.
  9. puntopunter

puntopunter Novizio

How much pressure you keep in your tyres i keep 30 p.s.i but ride is bit bumpy i think i have to reduce a bit
  10. M A N U

M A N U Amatore

why dont you go for some decent alloys the active wheels caps are spoiling the looks of an otherwise hot hatch