1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

25 years of Fiat..dont have one now though.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Fiatophile, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Dear Brothers and sisters in Fiat,

Got 2 fiat heads at my work place and this prompted me to join this forum,now about me..born and brought up in Dubai,therefore reared among the V8's and the Sports coupes of the 80's(dads Chevrolet Malibu Classic and Moms Honda prelude 2 door sports edition and a couple of the occasional rental classics which dad bought over on weekends.Vacations in India were spent in the Ambys,Marutis,Premier Padmini (there were 2 in the family and a Panda 4X4 which was later scrapped due to non availability of spares)and the Auto rickshaws.But it was the Premier Padus that gave me the kicks with its charecteristic throaty growl.I still remember the way the buck when you blip the throttle.

Fast forward 15 years,we had a Gypsy,which we sold and got a brand new Fiat Uno Diesel.For the time it had the biggest engine plonked in.1.9 litres of pure diesel combustion!Phew!Fast forward 2006,my first car,TADA..Fiat Uno Jubilee with a Lancia (yeah you read it right,Lancia) engine,not great in the performance side as this engine was not built to take on the load of an A.C.But yeah Pedigree it had.Handling of a rally car,electricals from Magneti Mareli (yes thats in a Ferrari too!)engine derived from the Lancia and comfort a league away from the Marutis.

I love the Fiats,but thinking of the spares,service and collaboration with TATA.I would wait and watch before i take a leap into the Italian girls again!
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
    2 people like this.
  2. sungoa2010

Welcome to TFI.
    Go ahead with your passion for fiat. Don't hesitate to leap. :)
  3. Welcome to the TFI Family...
  4. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Welcome to Team Fiat......
  5. sashank82

Wighting our options is good, its our right. But waiting for that perfect package (trust me, it never exists) could prove otherwise.....! Each one in this forum has loved and lived with FIAT'S - now is your turn - JUMP RIGHT IN - and trust us - [B]'regret'[/B] wil never find a place in your life. :cool:

Welcome to TFI!
  6. Punto Maniac

Punto Maniac Amatore

Looking forward to hear more from you about the ownership experience of a FIAT. You may not have one now, but after all we share the same passion and its all family here.:p
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Welcome to the Forum, the most happening of FIATS fans.
    I am sure you will have a great time stay with us, Just tell us more about your Fiats, Do you still own it,
    which place of India do you belong from, I have also visited Dubai as my bro is there.....
    have you traced the Bravo / 500 in Abudabhi.....
  8. Thanks for all the encouragement..@Tony ..Im from Chennai,I dont have a Fiat right now.Currently i drive a Jeep.Havent got my hands on a 500 yet.