1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

24 Month/3rd Service Queries

Discussion in 'Pre service query' started by Ravi, Jul 6, 2011.

1. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Don't skip anything from the service manual if you have the extended warranty. They just need reason to reject the claim.
    It was free year ago but not now. Quite expensive too.
  2. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    Alignment is free, they only charge for the weights.

Anyways don't press for the alignment.
  3. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

mchanna and Ravi like this.
  4. drnavins

drnavins Timido

India
    gulbarga
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Third service ...30000.
    Bill 4960
    Wanted to know that fuel filter change is required or not at 30000???

IMG_20150519_194418~2~2.jpg
  5. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    Hi,
    One query I have left the car for 3rd service but SA is charging 700 as service charge for other oil change such as gear,brake and transmission oil change and told there is no service charge for normal service which is engine oil,filter change.
    So anybody can confirm here is SA right or taking for a ride.
    It will be helpful someone puts full service bill here.
    I tried to get it clarified from FIAT CC but they are clueless and waste of resources sitting there to help the customers.
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @vista7155

By 3rd service do you mean 30K kms schedule service? If so then other oil except engine oil need to be topped up and not changed. Engine oil and all filters will be replaced. Also power steering fluid will be replaced every 24 months as per the manual. Whats is service charge you are referring - fluid cost? if yes, then it will be replaced.

I have attached the service cost for my Punto's 30K schedule for reference.

Attached Files:

7. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    Yes it is 30k service and if we see the manual they advise to replace all the fluid when it is 60k or 24 months so my service belongs to the later hence all the fluids are replaced
    But the catch is as per SA the top up of other fluids and normal engine oil and filters change doesn't attract service charge but if u replace other fluids then 700 is the service charge.
    So I am feeling something fishy here.
    Thank you very much for the invoice copy it helps a lot and now I can take on the Fass for false information.
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  8. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    @ghodlur
    Once again thank you very much for your kind help.
    I took your Service bill copy and successfully negotiated in removing the service charge from the 3rd free service and as per SA the service charge is applicable for other fluid replacement where Fiat hasn't given any specific instructions about this and i think the FASS are taking for ride if customers are unaware of this.
    My service bill came to 7361/- from 9800/-
    ghodlur likes this.