1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

24 Month/3rd Service Queries

Discussion in 'Pre service query' started by Ravi, Jul 6, 2011.

1. nithin.v

nithin.v Amatore

Going for my 3rd service of Punto 1.4 Fire Petrol at Balaji Thane. My car just completed 16k kms. Do i need to change the power steering oil, Timing Drive Belt and spark plugs (fiat mention this as change if necessary and am afraid that they may tax me)
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If its 2 years, then yes better to change all these fluids, doesn't cost much.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    16k is way too early to think of spark plugs / belts.

Just get the fluids changed and you are good to go. I personally wouldn't even change brake oil and power steering oil but if you are in warranty, follow the book.

Cheers.
  4. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

Bangalore
    How long are the brake and ps fluid good to go ? My car is out of warranty and I don't want to change stuff unless necessary.
  5. nithin.v

nithin.v Amatore

Many many Thanks :) Ravi and Gurjinder.
  6. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I did my 3rd service on 09-11-2013. The car was dead smooth before servicing. Now, it is creating more noise inside cabin. Is it normal? I think all the oil and filters are changed. Is it because of that? Or shall I complain it to FASS?
  7. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys, anybody looking into this thread? Please comment whether the noise is common after 3rd service or something wrong with the beauty?
  8. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Hello Guys , I'm going for 3rd Service(2years) of my Punto 1.4 , Which just completed 8000kms . is the Wheel balancing and alignment is compulsory or i can skip it ? and What will estimated cost for 3rd service of P1.4 ?
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If they do it for free, get it done, or skip it.
  10. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

I Don't Think , Its Free !!(as per Fiat Website , Its chargeable )

Fiat Linea   Fiat Punto Service Centers   Fiat India.png