1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

24 Month/3rd Service Queries

Discussion in 'Pre service query' started by Ravi, Jul 6, 2011.

1. bak

bak Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    thanks for the info .. i need to get it changed before my warranty expires.
  2. chandu

chandu

Navi Mumbai
    3rd Free service..

I took my baby for the 3rd free service to the Closest service center "Fortune motors Nerul, Navi mumbai". I always have problem with this service center.
    I look appointment a week early and reached the workshop at 9.30, To my surprise they directly took up the job and handed over to a service advisor. One more surprise what that this person was quite polite. :).
    So we sat at his desk and he gave me the details of the service. He told me that all the oils will be changed and break will be checked and if required replaced. wheel Alignment and wheel balancing and wheel rotation will be carried out. Then came the shocker..:eek:. the estimate of 14k.
    Then we looked at the break up.
    Engine oil – 3500
    Fuel filter-800
    Spark plug-600
    Wheel balancing-400
    Wheel alignment-450
    Brake OCA-1200 Labour to open and check the breaks
    Break liner-3000
    Air Filter-600
    Head lamp-3000 (I has a minor accident)
    Total Estimate 14000

I started up front that I cant pay for the labour charges to check the break and then i can pay for wheel alignment, he said it will be charged.

So I came back and started checking in our forum, So got to understand that the prices he quoted are all over quoted.

When i went to pickup my love.. she was all shining with the replaced head lamp.

The Service advisor told me there there are a few things which he could not take up as there was some issues with the equipments there.
    Items pending:
    Wheel Alignment
    Wheel balancing
    Wheel rotation
    Break replacement

And the Bill came to 6900. I was charged 1200 for checking the breaks (Labour charges). so at 8 PM I called the fiat customer care, and started argument about the labour charges, however looks like they too had no idea about what is charges and what is not. So i raised a complaint for the same and still waiting for it to be replaced.:twisted:
    I will scan the bill and upload soon.
    Please let me know if Fiat Customer case does not know what is to charged and what not, who will know it...
  3. RollingIce

RollingIce Amatore

Pune
    Advice needed for 3rd Free Service for MJD planned on April 21st

Hi,
    I planning to give my car for Third free servicing with just 20K on clock [completing 24 months on April 15]. Can someone who has done this post budget share their experiences and expenses ?
    I plan to buy the oils myself from TASS and get them changed in my presence. I plan to get it serviced at Pandit Auto, Tilak road.
    What other spares should I be buying : oil filter, diesel filter, wiremesh,all purpose cleaning liquid ?
    What are the paid labours I should go for ? I remember in my 2nd service I was charged for standard checks, wheel allignment, wheel adjustment,ac duct cleaning etc which added 1.5 k to the bill and seemed a loot to me.
    Please advise.

Thanks,
    Srijit
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2012
  4. SunilFiat

SunilFiat Novizio

pune
    24 months /3rd Servicing Fiat Punto 1.3 Emotion PK.

I have give my car today for 3rd free servicing in Pandit auto Akurdi.

The Initial quotation i got is ~13K :eek:

1. Third servicing all Oil & Filter Change - Rs. 8700.
    2. Wheel Alignment, Balancing & rotations - Rs. 700.
    3. Engine Waxing - Rs. 975.
    4. Some sprays, Ac Conditioner item etc - Rs. 1700

Is the quotation correct for 3rd servicing or overpriced ?
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - Thread Merged.
    Looks certainly overpriced.
    And what is "Engine Waxing - Rs. 975."?
    Last edited: May 21, 2012
  6. SunilFiat

SunilFiat Novizio

pune
    I am not sure about details but this what he said all necessary. I will check once i will go tomorrow.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    - Wheel alignment should be part of free servicing.
    - Engine waxing? Don't go for it.
    - Get the split for Rs. 8700.
    - Sprays, AC conditioner for 1700. Just drop this too.
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Recently, I went for a running service at KHT motors. The moment I said this is paid service, he started listing the items to be done: Oil change, filter change, coolant replace, brake fluid replace etc etc...I told him boss, I have already done these during 3rd service, and I have come here to get a few issues addressed, and that I have already interacted with your boss and CRO. Then he calmed down telling, what are the issues you are facing sir, please tell me.

What I am trying to say is this: A lot of SAs try to list items for the highest bill. The moment we show that I know my car and what my car needs, situation change.
    @Sunil: I hope you will get the service done at Rs 8700 max (for changing all the filters, fluids, wheel balancing and alignment etc) Looks like other line items are just for the sake of taking your money.
  9. SunilFiat

SunilFiat Novizio

pune
    I just got call. He said. Break liner needs to be replaced. Rs 3000. :(
    Canceled Waxing and Sprays, AC stuff.
  10. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Did he mean the rear brake liner? How much Km's your car has run - I'm presuming it's less than 30K since it's 24 Month/3rd Service in which case it's tough to believe the liner gave away. Please double check before approving these kind of jobs.