1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

22222 km---15 months---a tale to tell

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by sandipan_r15, Jan 18, 2013.

1. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Punto/Linea looks awesome when shot in nature's way, may be because of their contemporary & smooth flowing designs. Nice pictures!

I remember running among 2-3 delaerships to get a suspension arm when FIAT-TATA JV was about to expire on 31st March, I was expecting all this! Many experts here are very much reponsible for breaking down TATA-FIAT JV. It's common sensen that FIAT must take the feedback from TFI because it's only well known brand oriented forum in India for FIAT. Alas, those 100s of lengthy threads on daily basis just to criticize this JV & authors having no issues what so ever! It's done now & experts would finally realize, how bad this JV was. I am sure the same experts must be enjoying samba dance with red wine on couch while their FIATs are getting serviced at FIAT delaership.

I would still buy a fiat even if it doesn't have any dealer across India & don't mind getting illegal spares from Mayapuri to keep it running & celebrating. I simply love this car but would those experts do the same who did it for nothing but to prove themselves analytical & smart on forums?

Dear Friend, I would rather advise you to prepare yourself for worst, things are looking as ugly as much i anticipated on 31st March 2013:p.
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  2. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Amazing pics Sandipan and good to see you complete a super trip.

Punto is looking too good in all those scenic backgrounds :)
  3. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    30000 KM DONE :clap----My car completed 30000 km while returning from the tour(on 02/06/2013)---- in about 20 months.Went to GARODIA FIAT-KOLKATA yesterday for the third service.I must say they have improved a lot:smile:.Both in terms of activity of the staffs and spares availability :grin:.Front office is almost ready-- owners lounge(new) has not been opened as only part of the ordered furniture has arrived---otherwise it's ready.I got all the spares---left orvm glass,engine guard,new moulded mudflaps,and all type of fluids/filters that were replaced/rqd in third service.and they said all the major spares will be readily available in a few weeks time. The body and paint shop is overloaded with cars.The owner supervises personally and a humble person to react with.Hope GARODIA workshop will prove itself a good shelter for the FIAT owners in and around KOLKATA. DSCF0778.jpg
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    wow sandipan da. congrats. my next pit stop from here is your Travelouge............:D
    1 person likes this.
  5. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    After 30000 km if someone asks about the best 3 things which I like most about my car he will get the answer STEERING,HANDLING,SHOCKS.The worst ---STEREO.After 30000 km of drive on all sorts of roads there is no vibration, no rattles,no squeaks---the car is felt as solid as it was on day 1.I insisted the SS to change shocker/ pads if necessary----but he inspected and assured it is absolutely not necessary.
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  6. Rajarshi

Rajarshi Amatore

Kolkata
    Sandipan.. Can you plz share the phn no of Service Manager of Garodia?

7. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    RAJARSHI,don't know the No, of the SM but I know the No. of the SA(SOURAV MONDAL)--9831180695//SERVICE BOOKING--9831867502
  8. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Went to GARODIA WS for a faulty indicator switch & door latch .Both the parts were replaced under warranty:D & were readily available at the WS:D. Spares availability has been improved tremendously at GARODIA WS. Enquired about the frony qtr glass plastic ornament & shocker parts for my friends car & those were available in the stock.The new SM(joined on 17/06/13),is extremely sincere and ready to listen/solve your problem whatsoever. Also went to the showroom today to take a test a drive of the new T-JET. Was disheartened to see such a small & cramped showroom. It's a showroom of the 90's era. Sorry to see such a FIAT showroom in a metro city. But the GARODIA WS much much better if compared to the showroom. But due to huge pressure of cars it has become impossible to have an app before 1 wk or so.
  9. Rajarshi

Rajarshi Amatore

Kolkata
    Visited Garodia. The experience was real bad. They delivered my car by adding beautiful scratches all over it and not fixed the problem. More horrible than TATA FIAT service center. During my visit to Garodia don't met with any happy customer!!!! Quality of work done is BAd Bad Bad!!!! Why not kolkata people gets some good sevice here!!! Why why why? The detail experience will be shared soon.