1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

2200 kms of fun and never ever perishable experiences with the linea

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by jayakrishnakola, Apr 27, 2011.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Nice pictures I too liked photo of Linea with Helicopter. You enjoeyd a lot. Keep Rocking :)
  2. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    thanks mate!!!!
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    I guess you experienced the ABS when you did a sudden breaking or so.
    I have been in Linea doing 150+ many times and never felt the tremors that you describe.
    There are others to in this forum who have gone through the same and never faced the issues like you mentioned.

And good to see you enjoying your long rides :)
    Last edited: May 4, 2011
  4. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore

ABS in linea is actually not so violent its very soft and doesnt make much noise, never have i driven a car with such smooth ABS seriously, i got the wheels balanced after the trip, there was a very huge imbalance due to eneven wearing on the tyre( during the trip). i had a glance at the brake shoes and all the 4 front brake shoes were almost as thin as the thickness u get when u put two cds together one over the other. the sound must have been bcoz of the brake shoes beeing very thin and lots of heat would have already been absorbed while normal braking and when i had to brake a bit hard, they couldnt take the heat and made the noise and led to the vibration. even after i released the pedal i tried just touching the pedal and they made the noise on the slight touch also. it took quite some time for them to cool down . since the road was pretty deserted that day, i dint have to brake that hard. also i was slowing down before hand by releasing the throttle bfore hand( so i wouldnt have to brake hard).....

and rite now my exams are going on and i have to wait untill they get over on 13th so i can go to bangalore and get them replaced. you dont get fiat spares in vellore. the tata showroom had taken the delership for fiat a long time ago but closed it down for i dunno what reason, they sell and service only tata vehicles. strange!! but the owner owns a palio multijet..