1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

2200 kms of fun and never ever perishable experiences with the linea

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by jayakrishnakola, Apr 27, 2011.

1. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    Wow! What a car, never knew until this trip I made with my frens to goa from vellore.
    My Linea actually touched the 190 line on the speedo.call me crazy but not the other two of my frens who witnessed My Linea do the magic.

First abt the trip.
    6 guys, 2 cars my Linea and a skoda Laura, a case of redbull drinks. Thanks to the chiller in Laura .....
    The way to goa was a slow and steady drive where both the cars returned average figures of 19. On the way we stopped at jog falls and then we zoomed past the western ghats to the land of call it what u want ( goa)...
    We spent three nights until 24 th and descided to come back. On the way back we made a fool out of ourself by following the road map that my iPhone showed and ended up doing some off roading for about 60 kms from a place called yellapur to bankapur and back again to yellapur after coming to a point where we had to turn back coz there was supposed to be a bridge that was broken down due to storms, this resulted in coming back to hubli from yellapur and the frustration that built up due to the off roading really got to me and my friend who was driving the Laura ... As soon as we reached the national highway 4 we ripped like we've never ripped before.... The result was such that the Laura touched 200 and my Linea to my surprise did a 190 on a clean stretch of about 5 kms.. Both the cars were in a state where the colors we ordered for while buying the cars were no way close to how the cars looked.....
    we reached back vellore by 130 hrs in the night on Monday the drive back was 1080 kms including all the diversions and we covered that much of distance in just 10 hrs excluding the time we stopped for fueling the cars and ourselves...

One piece of advice to all my lineans though plz plz don't cross 140 on the speedo, the brakes are not designed to take the speed , the discs get super hot and there was a point where the brakes became very hard and rough when applied and the whole car vibrated like never before, now I'm changing my brake pads in a couple of days , too sad that they lasted only for 24800 kms and my car is just 4 months old this 27 th....
  2. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Seems you guys had gr8 times together. Good to hear Linea's capabalities but safety first! Do share some pictures here.
  3. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    sorry i forgot to post the pics, here they are

DSC_0077p.png

DSC_0062p.jpg

DSC_0524p.jpg

DSC_0092p.jpg

DSC_0181p.jpg

DSC_0440p.jpg

DSC_0549p.jpg

DSC_0403p.jpg

DSC_0309p.jpg

DSC_0319p.jpg

DSC_0437p.jpg

DSC_0584p.jpg
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    All I see are the thumbnails. Where are the pics? :p
    It's interesting to see that Skoda Laura delivered the same FE as achieved by Linea with a much smaller engine.
  5. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

You don't need to resize the pictures before uploading here on TFI. It will get re-size on it's own. I request you to re-upload the pictures!
  6. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    k cool!
    here are the pics
  7. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    thanks grandeur!! there here

DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_0524p.jpg

DSC_0074.jpg

DSC_0077.jpg

DSC_0093.jpg

DSC_0181.jpg

DSC_0309.jpg

DSC_0319.jpg

DSC_0437.jpg

DSC_0440.jpg

DSC_0584.jpg
  8. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Nice pics !!!!
    Last edited: May 1, 2011
  9. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    thank you dilip
  10. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Nice pictures dude, I liked the Linea picture with the Helicopter at back,
    It would have been more passionating if the helicopter would have been uncovered and the front glass of Linea would have been closed.
    Anyways i liked the pictures.