1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

21k service approximate cost

Discussion in 'Pre service query' started by shanmugam, Oct 8, 2016.

1. shanmugam

shanmugam Amatore

Chennai
    Hi,

I gave my punto active (diesel) to service in true sai, there is no major replacements only the normal service with normal oil changes(Break oil, coolant oil .. etc ), break cleaning, standard checkup,water wash .

Approximate estimate cost is 15000, is that normal cost or too much? Please share your thoughts.
  2. gpunto75

gpunto75 Amatore

Nasik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Too much IMO. I just did the 24 months service. Changed all filters and oil. Cost 5800/-. Check the split up. How much the break cleaning costs. And are they replacing any other part.
    PradeepM and shanmugam like this.
  3. shanmugam

shanmugam Amatore

Chennai
    Break cleaning the mentioned 700 rupees
  4. gpunto75

gpunto75 Amatore

Nasik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    FASS here has a habit to overestimate the amount, and then come up with a lesser bill.
    Here's my bill split up.
    Engine oil : 2490
    Oil filter : 432
    filtering element : 453
    Fuel filter : 1775
    Air filter : 232

Ask for a detailed split up. And escalate it to fiat if anything suspicious.
    shanmugam likes this.
  5. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    What is the split mate.

INR 15k does seem steep, also why is the service due at 21k, it should either be at 15k or 30k.
    Is this the 2nd year service where the car clocked 21k.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    shanmugam likes this.
  6. shanmugam

shanmugam Amatore

Chennai
    Thanks for the response , my punto is 4 years old it clocked 21k , it has been 1 year since i gave last service , hence had a thought of giving for service. Please find my split wise bill attached. Experts please check.....

bill1.jpg

bill2.jpg
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
    PradeepM likes this.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @shanmugam - Every 2 years or 60,000 kms, all oils needs to be replaced and they have done that. And they have replaced wiper blades and not sure what they did with the last item (Rear RHS Balance Rod). I see a Labour charge of almost Rs. 1000 there. And you could have avoided the Wurth treatment to save another 1k. And not sure what exactly they do with Brake cleaning as well. With all oil change, the fair bill amount should be around Rs. 11,000.
    shanmugam, Murphy_Fiat and PradeepM like this.
  8. shanmugam

shanmugam Amatore

Chennai
    Thanks a lot for valuable information
  9. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    @shanmugam
    They have charged you for washing and diagnosis using examiner which are included in service charges. You should not have opted for ac cleaning if there was no foul smell from AC and brake cleaning too could have been avoided if there was no noise from brakes.
    shanmugam likes this.
  10. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Sorry to say, I think you blindly accepted what they were doing with your car, that's what all SC do is to make money.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2016