1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

2016 Fiat 500X Leaked Ahead Of 2014 Paris Auto Show Debut

Discussion in 'Fiat Global News' started by Ravi, Sep 16, 2014.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Even I am game for fiat 500 x if it is launched under 10 to 12 lakh price bracket.
    dadasaheb likes this.
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @kedarbendre

Unlikely they can possibly price it at or below a Duster in India, very. Whcih means of course it is much less likely to come in the first place (at least till 2018), imo. I suspect we'll see the Jeep Renegade and/or the small Fiat/Jeep b-suv that's in their plan, such as it is, before we get the chance to savour the 500X, sadly! China gets it in 2018, so might we? Unless they commit to ckd-centric operations for Fiat in India (500X? 500L? Viaggio/Ottimo Cross?) but then prices will definitely be 13-14 lakh plus.
    Saket Sidana likes this.
  3. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @prabhjot, I wish I could dislike your comment that it will come late and would be too pricey. ;) For now, I have liked it as I have no other option. ;)
    dadasaheb and prabhjot like this.
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Saket Sidana

Checkout this sweet and simple comapro between the 500X and its twin the Jeep Renegade (US versions):

It is disheartening to realize that neither would seem to fit our market's demand culture at say even a cheap and unlikely 12-15 lakhs! Mainly due to size.

But FCA could maybe just bet on 'upgrading' current Punto and Linea owners for decent sales, no? "What say FCA? Would love to hear from you. Anything to say, to promise?" :p

Am very hopeful though that they will both get here eventually (2018?), on the basis of India-as-export base for (at least) other RHD markets, since the presumably huge scale economies that will result from the repeatedly confirmed export plans of the Jeep c-suv (due late 2016/early 2017) with which they share apparently, from ALL reports, platform and architecture and most modules/components.

China is scheduled to get the locally made Renegade in 2017, and the sino 500X in 2018, so.....?!

Unless they skip the 500X and Renegade altogether, leaving the 13-20 lakh range for the new Tata suv-s to also appear in 2017, with FCA diesels and other shared components with the Jeep c-suv?

And instead focus on a much lower, Ecosport-like price-band, with the promised-in-their-India-plan 'New Avventura'/b-cuv. Which sourced and named-quoted recent reports suggest could also be twinned with a sub-Renegade Jeep (emerging market special), and in any case will also have a major export-focus.

Looks like a wait till at least 2017 before an upgrade from the Linea t-jet becomes available, either within the 'Fiat' brand or to 'Jeep'. But that's ok?! As long as it happens.:watching::)
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    jackharrisw likes this.