1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

2016 Fiat 500X Leaked Ahead Of 2014 Paris Auto Show Debut

Discussion in 'Fiat Global News' started by Ravi, Sep 16, 2014.

1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/kbrauer...uv-takes-fiat-from-niche-to-volume-automaker/

The 500X has just been launched in the US, after a long and rather brilliant pre-launch marketing phase, 'blue pill ad' etc.

But it makes one pretty convinced that FCA will not launch it in India, unless they totally reposition themselves as a semi-premium brand with ckd versions all the 500 line-up f cars.

Too high-spec, in engineering and design/materials/quality, yet smallish, i.e., too expensive.

ergo: NO chance of selling even half-well here, given the Jap+Korean small-suv options, and given our taste for big-beefy-macho.

The Jeep Renegade, on the other hand,....?

PS: I guess we'll have all the answers for the promised Fiat b-suv, etc, and for all the Jeeps big and small, ckd and localized-for-exports, etc, going forward only at the 2016 AutoExpo
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 19, 2015 ---
    "Gotta check this out, guys": American English for this sweet review

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
    platinumshine likes this.
  2. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    " Fiat always does the exhaust notes like you are driving a Ferrari "

Nice review to review.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    bharath likes this.
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    http://www.motoringresearch.com/car-reviews/fiat-500x-review-2015-uk-first-drive-0424973116

These guys, of some apparent journalistic quality, are declaring it a clear class-best, ahead of the Mini Countryman and the bestselling Renault Cactus, let alone the Duster or even the Skoda Yeti.

The French reviews are also universally glowing.

So....it probably won't be coming here anytime soon (2018, then?) seeing as we prefer...worse stuff!

Priced like a topend XUV500, everyone will insist it's great but the bigger and 'macho'-er XUV would be seen as great vfm!
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 27, 2015, Original Post Date: Apr 27, 2015 ---
    errata:

...bestselling Renault Captur and Citroen Cactus....
  5. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @prabhjot You have a poor opinion of the Indian public and I disagree. For all their plans about the Jeep, the one vehicle that Fiat should have bought in, the 500X they did not. Jeep looks too much like a Thar for a mango man - bigger but still like that for it to sell too much. The Grand Cherokee - a few pieces if they price it right.

The 500X is a small SUV built ground up, looks good and handles well. That is the one they should have bought in.

You might say true for the Linea and the Punto - well maybe but again the average Joe likes something new in looks, design, freshness every couple of years.

I am afraid Fiat maybe good in cars but very bad in understanding markets.
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Raj_pol

The C-SUV, a global car to replace the Compass, will, it is rumoured by the knowing on the automotive internet in the US, be styled unlike the Renegade/Wrangler, and like the newest Grand Cherokee or perhaps the Cherokee, neither of which look anything like 'classic' Jeeps. It will be locally manufactured here, and exported (2017?).

The 500X will be locally manufactured in China, but only in 2018. I suppose we'll get it around then, too? I suppose the main problem is the costing/pricing for this market.

Hopefully, sub-500X/sub-Renegade b-suv (either a Jeep or a Fiat or both) they've promised in their plan will show up in the next year or two, with India as a major export-producion base, potentially even to Europe.
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr

One by one the FCA plants are getting updated into the VERY best there are: first Pomigliano D'arco in Italy years ago where the Panda is made. Several since the acquisition of Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge/Ram in the US, with two others currently undergoing a total revamp. Then the big cutting-edge one in Perambuco in Brazil (just opened). The Ranjangaon and the Serbian and Turkish plants are also quite contemporary and competitive, but even they are being further improved/invested-in, what with the new Jeeps and other new Fiats (to be) made there, including esp the Jeeps and the 500 series of models which have luxury-car levels of targetted production quality.

Most of the robots and the overall production-system design are made in-house by FCA: Comau is their production system/automation/robots/flexibility etc subsidiary. They export and supply these to many firms other than FCA, too, and are one of the biggest and successful of such firms.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
    Saket Sidana likes this.
  8. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @prabhjot, great stuff. Good to see myself [just a car fanatic, enthusiast, nowhere close to having decent automobile knowledge] getting enlightened with your knowledgeable posts. You make us look good. Tx!
    And 500x has turned out to be my dream car! Hope Fiat is listening and obliges.
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Saket Sidana

If only our fellow Jap- and Korean-obsessed (prospective) car owners would come to their automotive senses, we might all enjoy BETTER choices, like a localized Skoda Yeti say, or a VW Golf, a Ford Fiesta hatch or a Fiat Panda...;)

Ah yes, the 500X is desirable, very! At least the t-jet Evo and Avventura will sustain the 'enthu' factor for us?

It'll come at some point i bet, question is at what price, and alongwith or after the upcoming small Jeeps. 2017? 2018 more likely, but who knows?:watching: I know I'll be waiting long enough to give it a chance to come here before the next purchase (if any).
  10. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @prabhjot, I am a nut for cars and have a passion for driving. You never know what I could be upto once Fiat launches 500x. If it's around 10-12L, I am game for it and definitely, Red would be the color.
    kedarbendre likes this.