1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

2015 Leh Plans & Travel buddies

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Viny, Mar 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
    varoon9999, J Ravi, mchanna and 4 others like this.
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Hatches are at an advantage over Sedans. Hence, Punto >> Linea. You'll even find quite a few Alto's doing this route.

In fact, local people there have mostly Maruti's & Mahindra's
    vayfiat likes this.
  3. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    @VahanPujari and @Viny - Thanks for your comments and encouragement. I understand that Hatchbacks >> Sedans w.r.to overhangs/wheelbase etc. Question though was specific to 90HP with GC kit - The car when heavily loaded (the GC lowers quite a bit??? - haven't measured though) do scratch mostly near the exhaust pipe and sometimes right below the rear passenger seat (suggestions on how to prepare for GC related issues would be welcome). Also, I'm on the verge of first tyre change (35K kms now - will change before I hit 40k mostly) - was planning to change to Michelin Primacy 3ST - do you think soft/comfort tyres do not suit Ladakh terrains? I like to prepare for the trip completely - so worried about tiniest details - but this worry doesn't have a flavour of pessimism :)
    dhinas likes this.
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    vayfiat, my Punto 90HP is 2011 manufactured with 171mm ground clearance and we will be 2 in my car will boot full luggage.

Punto with raised ground clearance will not have any problem in this trip.

@vayfiat when you will be leaving Banglore and is it possible for you to start journey with us from Pune. So we will have 3 Puntos starting from Pune along with Palio 1.6 Sport.
    varoon9999 likes this.
  5. sudipz

sudipz Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    hi folks,
    awesome to come across this thread - I too wish to do Leh/Ladakh this year! :)
    I'm however most likely traveling single, and would love to join someone - I'm available to drive OR, be a co-pilot too, although I prefer the former.
    Anyone picking me up from Mumbai?
  6. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    So far I've had very few situations where my Punto's belly touched ground - and mostly with 4 adults and boot full of luggage - that too in very bad patches where Asphalt hardly existed.
    Yeah, we are planning like that. Myself and wife will start from Bangalore a day before and can start together with you guys.
  7. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Folks, keep-up the tempo. Anybody joining from Central India? I am encouraged after reading about Nano doing the route. As mentioned by members, some part may be doable by XUVs and others may have to skip that. I can not decide right now, but hope to join.
  8. abhishek643

abhishek643 Timido

pune
    Hey guys are you planning trip with famliy? i would be interested too. Mine is punto MJD 75HP will it be ok for this trip?
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    @vayfiat, my friend (Prabal) & me will travelling with family so @abhshek643 if you are planning to drive with your family then there wont be any problem.

So there are 5 cars from Pune for Ladakh Expedition.

There is Chal-O-Ladakh plan rom HVK and we are awaiting for more information regarding this scheme from HVK.

With this scheme we need to make payment to HVK Central Desk and they will decide the route, booking and payment to hotel where we will be staying.

To me this offer is good and we dont need to carry hefty cash with us.
    vayfiat, dhinas and mchanna like this.
  10. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    So this is in contrast with Ladakh-951? I'm not a member of the forum - so have given a request to FB group (this is the forum right?).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.