1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

2015 Leh Plans & Travel buddies

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Viny, Mar 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    1. Yes its difficult and also depends upon what kind of traffic conditions are en route to Rohtang. None the less Manali to Leh is 2 days route, so breaks can be planned as situation arises.

2. See Plan B, Yes fuel will be a big issue, therefore additional tankful fuel will be required and thats where the problem is, although there are places where we can get fuel from shops, but then its need to think upon how we can redo the plan to add fueling points.

1089214d1369735266-leh-ladakh-zanskar-ultimate-guide-suru_zanskar.jpg
    mchanna likes this.
  2. praku

praku Timido

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hello Everyone,
    I M Prabal Kulkarni .Kedar already count my name .
  3. vigneshrace

vigneshrace Amatore

Chennai
    Any Chennai folks on the list??

What is your plan??

I am much interested but i can't make it up from chennai to Leh!
    dhinas likes this.
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    @vigneshrace : Time to checkout @J Ravi Leh and other adventure threads, he is living inspiration to many when it comes to planning, executing and reporting a trip :)
    J Ravi, dhinas and vigneshrace like this.
  5. dhinas

dhinas Novizio

chennai
    chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    How about shipping the car thru truck or train to Delhi from Chennai. any one did this for the Leh trip and approx how much time and cost
  6. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    Myself and my wife planning to join the trip from Bangalore. Will apply for leave asap. Usual t&c apply (as Ravi sir has mentioned). We have been looking forward to such a trip for quite sometime.

1) Viny Jeep / Tag with friends May or August/September 2015
    2) Kedar Bendre Grande Punto 90 HP Pune August 2015
    3) Prabal Kulkarni Punto Evo 75HP Pune August 2015
    4) Channa Manglore Palio Sport 1.6 Pune July/August 2015
    5) Kumar Gaurav Grande Punto 75HP Remapped Gurgaon July 2015
    6) Abhyudaya Das Linea 1.3 MJDMumbai August. 2015
    7) Sachin Koltekar Mumbai September 2015
    8)Pavan Puvvada Pune Linea MJD JULY/ August 2015
    9) Himanshu Bhanawat Linea 1.3 MJD Emotion June 2015
    10) J Ravi by XUV 500 W8 FWD in September 2015
    11) Vinod Krishnan V by Grande Punto 90HP in Aug/Sep '15
    dhinas and mchanna like this.
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    22nd August to 13th September are the date which we MH members are planning to fix so members from other plan accordingly and apply leaves.

Meeting Point for Pune, Mumbai and members from South India will be Ghod Bandar road, Mumbai on 22nd August 2015. Then we will proceed together and members from North region will join the convoy enroute.

I hope this is fine with all and this will lead to plan this meet/expedition successfully.
    Viny likes this.
  8. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    Can one of you post a check-list for getting ready for such a trip. Many of you may have done this kind of drive and may not need this, but I need a kind of self test to check if I am worthy. This would include checks for the vehicle, such as tyres, engine condition, special tools for emergencies, own health to tackle high altitude. I have done Himalayan treks and know how important is acclimatization, but those are organized and managed by a large work-force. Here the group will have to handle all eventualities on its own. J.Ravi's presence will be a big boost to me, if I join. I am interested to join and hope more may join Guj, MP, Rajasthan and northern parts of India.

Wishing best luck to all.
    J Ravi likes this.
  9. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    @kedarbendre - sure. We can plan 1-2 days in advance so that we can proceed from Mumbai together.
    I would request everyone to update the place you start from. Have updated mine below:

1) Viny Jeep / Tag with friends May or August/September 2015
    2) Kedar Bendre Grande Punto 90 HP Pune August 2015
    3) Prabal Kulkarni Punto Evo 75HP Pune August 2015
    4) Channa Manglore Palio Sport 1.6 Pune July/August 2015
    5) Kumar Gaurav Grande Punto 75HP Remapped Gurgaon July 2015
    6) Abhyudaya Das Linea 1.3 MJDMumbai August. 2015
    7) Sachin Koltekar Mumbai September 2015
    8)Pavan Puvvada Pune Linea MJD JULY/ August 2015
    9) Himanshu Bhanawat Linea 1.3 MJD Emotion June 2015
    10) J Ravi by XUV 500 W8 FWD in September 2015
    11) Vinod Krishnan V by Grande Punto 90HP in Aug/Sep '15 from Bangalore
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 7, 2015, Original Post Date: Apr 7, 2015 ---
    This is the most exhaustive preparation I have come across which many of us are aware of - http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/lad...anle-tso-moriri-rohtang.12905/#post-841915082
    As we are planning to go as a group, we can divide the list so that we can carry these stuffs as a group (except personal items!).
    dhinas and mchanna like this.
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    We are planning to buy Ladakh 951 plan from HVK Store and that will help us to plan this expedition right from hotel booking to routes & 24x7 phone call support.

I will share all the list of stuff we need to carry for this trip. Everything is available on HVK forum.
    Viny and dhinas like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.