1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

2015 Leh Plans & Travel buddies

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Viny, Mar 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    If mother nature is not in our favour in August 2015 then I would suggest to change in Plan. I dont want to take risk.

@Viny what do you think about first 2 weeks of September i.e. from 29th August to 13th September 2015?

What about permisssions required in this trip? Can someone shed some light on it.
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
    mchanna likes this.
  2. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    mchanna, varoon9999 and Viny like this.
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    29th is Rakhi I guess, not sure.
    But then these dates sounds good, no issues with me.

As far as permissions are concerned, we dont require any to reach uptil Leh other than vehicle clearance permit to get over rohtang pass, Once we are at Leh, depending on circuits that we want to do, we have to apply for permits at DC office, which is a trivial job and can be done once we are there :)
    dhinas and kedarbendre like this.
  4. dhinas

dhinas Novizio

chennai
    chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Can any one quote the route,
    After google I found this one Newdelhi-ambala-kharar-mandi-kullu-manali -Leh, 1010km 23hrs 37mins is this going to be route
  5. rakesh kushwaha

rakesh kushwaha Timido

Kothrud, Pune
    Thanks guys for initiating the LEH plan. It was one tour in my wish list. And i will not miss the chance to join the fiat gang from Pune.
    Any dates in Aug/Sept are also okay for me.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 25, 2015 ---
    I am worried if Linea 1.3 MJD with lower GC kit (2009) is fit to take on Leh route round the trip.
    I know It is going to be comfort ride on highways but is it safe to take on hilly roads?
    I am keen to take my car too.
    I have no idea how road condition will be towards the Leh. Any experience /views who has done it in Linea with lower GC.
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
    mchanna likes this.
  6. Abhyudaya Das

Abhyudaya Das Timido

MUMBAI
    MUMBAI
    Linea 1.3
    won't be a problem as such.
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    @J Ravi completed the Ladakh Expedition in his Linea 1.4 Emotion Pack. His Linea has pre GC upgrade suspension if I am not wrong.

So taking 2009 Linea wont be a problem but upgraded GC will be advantage in hilly roads.

Pre GC upgrade Punto has 171mm ground clearance, I think it is sufficient to take Grande Punto 90HP 2011 to Ladakh. Please correct me if I am wrong.
    rakesh kushwaha, mchanna and J Ravi like this.
  8. Abhyudaya Das

Abhyudaya Das Timido

MUMBAI
    MUMBAI
    Linea 1.3
  9. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    Very tempting info!

I checked this thread only today and looking at the good response by members, I am also tempted. I have done long journeys by my Linea MJD, but mostly on good roads and in fair weathers. I haven't faced any problem in those journeys, but the recent issue of oil mixing in coolant has disturbed me. I always had Leh-Laddakh on my drive-wish-list, but, as I am averse to unexpected fault in my Linea, I never considered it seriously. But if a Team-Fiat group is going, I am encouraged. I also wish to join, but only in the later part of the year. Looking forward to collect more info and courage.
    mchanna likes this.
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Yes. I have plans to drive to Ladakh in September 2015 in my XUV 500. The usual terms and conditions and disclaimer clauses and fine prints apply. :)

You are right, @kedarbendre. In my case, all were negatives: I drove on Zojila in the night in Sep 2011; mine was 1.4 FIRE petrol having less power and torque compared to 1.3 MJD with 165 mm GC; only self and wife did the route without any convoy or other drivers.

I tried to drive to Ladakh in vain in September 2014. But, due to unfortunate and unprecedented floods in Srinagar, I changed it to another HP trip. If non-FIATs are allowed to join the group, here is the updated list:

1) Viny Jeep / Tag with friends May or August/September 2015
    2) Kedar Bendre Grande Punto 90 HP Pune August 2015
    3) Prabal Kulkarni Punto Evo 75HP Pune August 2015
    4) Channa Manglore Palio Sport 1.6 Pune July/August 2015
    5) Kumar Gaurav Grande Punto 75HP Remapped Gurgaon July 2015
    6) Abhyudaya Das Linea 1.3 MJDMumbai August. 2015
    7) Sachin Koltekar Mumbai September 2015
    8)Pavan Puvvada Pune Linea MJD JULY/ August 2015
    9) Himanshu Bhanawat Linea 1.3 MJD Emotion June 2015
    10) J Ravi by XUV 500 W8 FWD in September 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.