1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

2015 Leh Plans & Travel buddies

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Viny, Mar 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Seeing on the horrific incident I advise TFI'ans who are planning for the ride to be on utmost care. Last year I went to Leh-Ladakh on my bike. Luckily the weather god was in our favor and didn't witness any issues. Personally I felt people over there are nicest one could witness in India. But sadly due to some issues people over there are now facing issues with travelers opting for self driven vehicles. Recently my parents had been to same part of the country just few weeks before. Their taxi driver happen to elaborate the story further. The taxi men over there are creating so much ruckus that the travelers are indeed having nightmares. Adding much flavor to the story they got to witness one such incident in front of them. Where taxi guy pelting stones on white board vehicles & eventually beating the owner crazily. Such incidents have become common sightings over there as more & more people are visiting that place every year the part of there GDP lies alone in servicing the travelers. If such service itself is snatched from them then they sure are to create havoc & make the passerby life miserable. Kindly guys make it a safe journey. Wish you all a safe & happy journey!! Happy motoring..
  2. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

Bangalore
    Are you sure it was a white board ? White board means a private , self-owned vehicle.
  3. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Yes buddy it was white board car!!
  4. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Logically those people are against the private vehicle plying on their own cars.
  5. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

Bangalore
    @kishorekrs , my understanding was that they're against self drive rentals like zoomcars ( black-boards , and yellow boards from other parts ), and private vehicles were still being allowed. In the particular incident reported in t-bhp, the private vehicles were part of the convoy having zoomcars - hence the attack.

If what you're saying is correct - that private white-board vehicles are being attacked - that really changes a lot of things.
  6. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Infact the news came as surprise to me. I wonder though what made them to react against this white board car in such way.
  7. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    We are discussing about a thing that is totally unknown to us. There are two versions of the story doing rounds. All we can do is wait and watch the situation - when people like HVK are damn sure of the fact that the taxi unions are usually against only the self driven rental cars. None of us are taking rental self driven cars here and we should use the thread for planning instead - like Plan B, C etc :)
    mchanna and Gurjit Singh like this.
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Guys lets not daviate from the Ladakh drive plan at the moment.

It is too early to conclude if we need to think about cancelling the ladakh drive and think/plan NE India drive. As Vinod said lets wait and watch and I am pretty sure the things will be sorted out or it will become worsen in a month.

Let people confirm the situation and then we will plan accordingly.

I hope this will be the fullstop to the discussion going on regarding plan B, C etc.

Lets wait & watch. :pompous:
    mchanna likes this.
  9. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    My bad - yes, other plans which are not for Ladakh should be discussed outside the thread, IMO.
    kedarbendre and mchanna like this.
  10. anoopktla

anoopktla Amatore

Kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    Guys, sorry for the late reply.we completed our Leh drive from Kochi 2 weeks back.It was a very good experience but the bad ones first.
    The local taxi union guys were rude at some checkpoints,they permitted us to proceed though. The cabbies won't respect the self driven cars even at sharp ascend ,hairpins etc.We had to exchange words at many places,Linea mjd struggled a lot to climb some portions enroute to Pangong.I would not recommend taking linea Mjd to such routes,till Leh it was okay,even we didn't experience much trouble with Zojilla pass.So we rented bikes to goto Khardungla pass.short summary
    26th June 9pm started from Kochi :)
    27th Pandharkawada MH near Nagpur
    28th Gwalior
    29th Pathankot
    30th Srinagar
    1 st Kargil
    2nd Leh
    3d Khardungla
    4th Pangong
    5th Banihal
    6th Delhi
    7th Delhi (Linea given for 2nd service @Kashyap motors,excellent service, Thanks to Mr Mangesh Kodalkar &FCA team)
    7th 9pm started from Delhi
    8th Thane
    10th 10am Kochi :)

It was a tight drive ,but we enjoyed a lot ,paid ~7000k toll. Got 16.5kmpl for the entire trip of 8958 kms.17.5kmpl for the return journey.The incidents mentioned above (landslide,taxi union) is unfortunate but its no threat for driving our own cars.other than the rude cabies,3hr block@ zojilla due to stone fall,1hr near Khardungla due to ice on the roads,its 100%fun.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 22, 2015 ---
    Some pictures,
    https://goo.gl/photos/B3QUsA6cGvpHcDTi6
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.