1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

2015 Leh Plans & Travel buddies

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Viny, Mar 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gurjit Singh

Gurjit Singh Timido

Jalandhar
    Jalandhar
    Linea 1.3
    Jalandhar

1. Gurjit Singh, Linea Dynamic (Count 2)
  2. Arjunbhargava

Arjunbhargava Amatore

New Delhi
    Sarojini Nagar
    Punto Evo 1.3
    21st august guys ?
  3. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Dehradun
    Hello everyone, I'm also interested to explore Leh in my t-jet but my wife can't get a long leave in august so I have to be alone for this trip from Dehradun. So travelling single is out of question. If someone has an extra space for one person, I'll share cost of fuel and other expenses, also an extra driver when needed.
    I'm okay with dates in August or September.
    kedarbendre likes this.
  4. Gurjit Singh

Gurjit Singh Timido

Jalandhar
    Jalandhar
    Linea 1.3
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Yes @Gurjit Singh

Last night Pune members met to discuss the final plan.

We will be leaving on 22nd August 2015 morning at 4:00 AM from Pune.

Pune meeting point will be Ginger Hotel, Wakad which is located on Mumbai Pune Road.

9 cars with around 23 (approx) will leave from Pune.

1: Pune to Chittorgadh = 1000km & Stay.
    2: Chittorgadh to Amritsar = 900km & Stay. Wake early morning and visit Golden Temple. Then rest for sometime and leave for Aatari after lunch to attend the Wagha Border Ceremony. Come Back to Amritsar stay overnight and leave early morning.
    3: Amritsar to Srinagar: 468km. Stay at Srinagar Number of night to spend at Sringar will be decided later
    4: Sringar to Leh = 415km Stay.
    5: Leh to Nubra Valley = 138km Return on the same day to Leh.
    6: Leh to Pangong Tso = 225km Return on the same day to Leh or if possible camping near Pangong Tso.
    7: Pangong Tso to Leh on the same day if stay is not possible orelse stay at Pangong instead of driving back to Leh and drive to Hanle on next day.
    8: Leh to Hanle = 254km Stay
    9: Hanle to Tso Moriri = 159 Stay if possible orelse drive back to Hanle
    10: Tso Moriri to Keylong = 336km
    11: Keylong to Manali

After that it will normal highways to drive.

The number of days to spend after Sringar will depend on the climate conditions and we are looking forward to spend more time in this area. Thats we are targetted to hit Srinagar on 3rd Day from Pune.

Members from North India please let us know your plan and also lets us know from where you will be joining the convoy.
    mchanna likes this.
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Guys, i hope you are all aware of the recent cloud burst at jummu - srinagar region and road blockage and then at manali too. After we passed manali, this road blockage and stuffs happened. We were lucky enough. Heard more going to be on the way, especially the rain. So land slides are common too. Kindly be prepared.
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Zen thanks for heads up. We will keep this point in consideration and we will plan accordingly.

I hope the situation will change in a month or so and we will better climate in Ladakh area.
    zenwalker likes this.
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    vayfiat, Viny and mchanna like this.
  9. Gurjit Singh

Gurjit Singh Timido

Jalandhar
    Jalandhar
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks @kedarbendre, we will join Ur team @Pathankot on 25th Aug. My mobile is +91 987604 46295, Kindly share Ur mobile number.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 16, 2015 ---
    @deep63well and @Arjunbhargava what are your plans, kindly confirm?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 16, 2015 ---
    My mobile is +91 98760 46295
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Dear Guys,

Just wish to update you with:

1. 11014977_767950783304161_3159972980006495857_n.jpg

2. Kindly carry your original RC + license for leh onwards pangong tso and khardungla. The local associations are making a big hulla for 4 and 2 wheelers by checking the RC and license in having the vehicle number plate and the owners name match. Other wise,they would block you up and wont allow you to proceed and ask you to take their local travel vehicle. Even the police is not in the travellers favor. We did face this though, so we had to rent out the bikes.
    Even if the vehicle RC is in ur friends, relatives names and they are not with you, they would create a hue cry over there ruining your time and peace of mind. The whole leh is with them, sadly :( They go for surname matching to the least, in case of family member owned car/bike.
    mchanna likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.