1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

2015 Leh Plans & Travel buddies

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Viny, Mar 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anoopktla

anoopktla Amatore

Kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    Hi all, we (4 people)are also planning a Leh trip from Kochi in Linea mjd, by 26th June 2015.When I went to Ooty via Bandipur in our grande punto dynamic mjd , while climbing the ghat section, the car became slow even in 1st gear.Thought the car was damaged at that time,but no issues so far in plains..Has anybody observed this? Will the same happen with Linea also @J&K , considering the turbo lag..compared to punto, linea is super smooth and pulls all the way post 1900RPM through highways , didn't get a chance to take it to any steep climbs yet.
  2. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @anoopktla,

I am surprised that you GP gave trouble in the hills. I have done a few trips in the Himachal - some steep climbs, and a few other hill sections; I have not had any problems. In first gear, the gear ratio is such that it will literally climb a wall. It could be something wrong with your car.

Linea with four people + baggage may give problems in the Leh drive. The total amount of load that you are carrying will make a difference. I will suggest two per car.

Regards
    Johnny
    varoon9999 and kedarbendre like this.
  3. vipin.rai

vipin.rai Amatore

Delhi NCR
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If your GP is of post 2012 make, then due to good GC, even with 4 people & full baggage, Leh drive can be done without much issues. I have also done the Leh trip in 2013 on my GP with 4 people and fully loaded boot.
    varoon9999 likes this.
  4. anoopktla

anoopktla Amatore

Kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    @johnny thanks for the comments.It was done during the initial days of our punto 2010.It was like the car lost its breath, struggling to climb a steep ascent, éven in 1st gear. while all other cars zoomed past us. Didn't create any problem afterwards,its 115000 KMs done, still running.
    @vipin.rai , we are planning to go in my linea mjd(facelift model with raised GC). How ever the car is having turbo lag, that's my only doubt.The person who is going to drive uphill is definitely going to suffer :( .But I can see that you people have done this comfortably, so it wont be a problem.We have some plans to rent bikes from Leh to cover the places there, hope everything works as expected :)
  5. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    People who finalized to start the journey on 22nd August to Ladakh are as below. I did not mention the name of members who did not confirm the attendance.

Date which we finalized are 22nd August to 13th September 2015.

Updating the list of confirmed attendees fo thi TFI Ladakh Expedition which is scheduled on date mentioned above.

Pune:

1) Kedar Bendre Punto 90HP (Count 3)
    2) Pabal Kulkarni Punto Evo 76HP (Count 4)
    3) Channa Manglore Palio 1.6 Sports (Count 3)
    4) Hrishikesh Patil Punto 90HP (Count 2)

There are few Non FIAT cars joining in from Pune which I did not mention on this post.

Mumbai:

1) Sudip Chakraborty (Will hop into my Car)

Banglore:

1) Vinod Krishnan Punto 90HP (Count 2)

Total # of Cars: 5 (4 Puntos MJD and 1 Palio 1.6 Sport.)
    Total # of People: 14
    sudipz, ramjn, vayfiat and 3 others like this.
  7. Arjunbhargava

Arjunbhargava Amatore

New Delhi
    Sarojini Nagar
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Great plan guys...I am itching to join in too..but don't I have the driving skills to work out with ..:-( Is it really difficult ?
  8. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    Me too wish, but unable to plan due to uncertainties! The list shows only hatchbacks, no sedans? I recall there were aspirants with Linea too.

Wish you all the beat!
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Now we are getting tips from our forum member Parimal Gandhe. Parimal completed this Ladakh Expedition and returned to Mumbai in last week.
    vayfiat likes this.
  10. Arjunbhargava

Arjunbhargava Amatore

New Delhi
    Sarojini Nagar
    Punto Evo 1.3
    When you all will arrive in delhi ?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.