1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

2015 Leh Plans & Travel buddies

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Viny, Mar 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Ideally Srinagar - > Leh -> Manali should be done, but then here ganga flows in reverse direction.
    People initially were not comfortable getting into Kashmir valley due to security concerns and hence the manali - Leh route gain the popularity. Also for first timers it was more adventurous right from manali onwards.

Now that official leaves approvals are coming in, i am sure the momentum will now shift towards route and plan.
    Look forward to all the actions :D
    mchanna and varoon9999 like this.
  2. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    Then momentum it is! :happy:

I too wanted to take Manali-Leh since I read somewhere that minimum altitude we maintain in this road is ~13000ft (the perfect ascent to Leh without a doubt!)
    But then started reading about AMS attack across blogs and travel advisories related to it. Seems like Srinagar-Leh is the safe bet for a first timer.
    Following is the itinerary from HVK (A for Aug, S for Sep). Comments invited.

A22: Bangalore-Bombay
    A23: Bombay-Chittorgarh
    A24: Chittorgarh-Hanumangarh
    A25: Hanumangarh-Amritsar-Pathankot
    A26: Pathankot-Srinagar
    A27: Srinagar
    A28: Srinagar-Kargil
    A29: Kargil-Leh
    A30: Leh
    A31: Leh-Khardung la-Nubra Valley
    S1: NUbra Valley-Leh
    S2: Leh-Pangong-Leh
    S3: Leh-Hanle
    S4: Hanle-Tso M
    S5: Tso M-Keylong
    S6: Keylong-Manali
    S7: Manali-Karnal
    S8: Karnal-Agra-Jaipur
    S9: Jaipur-Ankleswar
    S10: Ankleswar-Belgaum
    S11: Belgaum-Bangalore

PS: I had asked to include Zanskar valley - but he said he won't prefer Punto doing that.

Vinod.
    mchanna and varoon9999 like this.
  3. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    You might've been hearing this yesterday onward. Srinagar - Leh road is open and Zojila is cleared of snow.
    mchanna likes this.
  4. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Thanks Vinod
    Based on the above IO have just calculated the KMS. I think we should keep a day for relaxing for every 5 days marathon :)

upload_2015-5-8_18-6-57.png
    vayfiat and kedarbendre like this.
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Channa what do you think about Palio S10 with Punto's OEM 15" alloys for Ladakh trip.

I think that will help me to increase the ground clearance of my S10.

I am still confused which car to select for Ladakh expedition.

Practical choice would be punto 90 hp however f the difference between petrol and diesel expenses is around 10000 rupees then I would prefer palio S10 for ladakh expedition.
  6. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    As of now, we have got 2 stops that way - one at Srinagar and the other at Leh. If we plan for one more stop, it will be exactly like what you say. Which one should it be? - If it is @Keylong/@Manali, it will be a perfect break before start for the next big trip leg.

@kedarbendre What do you say? With the above schedule, we will start from Mumbai by Sunday. But you will be starting from Pune - should we shift meeting point to Pune and go to Chittorgarh via Malegaon and Ratlam? Also, you want us to reach Pune on Friday night so that you don't need to waste a Saturday?
    mchanna likes this.
  7. Aficionado

Aficionado Timido

New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Anybody planning in JUNE 2015.. I am taking my Punto Sports 90HP from DELHI with a friend... So if anyone interested it will be much convenient to take Manali LEH Highway.. Otherwise I might have to choose Srinagar Route to LEH.
  8. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Bombay - Chitorgarh via RATLAM is not a good idea, roads are not at best.
    It should be Mumbai - Udaipur / Chitorgarh via Ahemdabad...road is excellent all the way.

Again Chitorgarh - Hanumangarh route need to be checked, it generally is in good shape, alternately Chitorgarh - Jaipur - Delhi (bypass) - Ludhiana is better
    mchanna and vayfiat like this.
  9. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    Sure, 50Km+ of good road is a good trade off. But Karnal-Jaipur-Chittorgarh plan is there already on the way back to Pune/Bombay. I will add this as an option in the plan.

@mchanna @kedarbendre Tirthan Valley (close to Manali) is an option that can be considered as the third day-halt (if there is a spare day towards the end of the schedule).
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Yes I dont have any issues for stay in Tirthan Valley. However I would go with the recommendation from HVK Central desk. I think they have good experience of that area than us.

I am still awaiting for the Chal-O-Ladakh plan from HVK orelse we need to go ahead with Ladakh951 from them.

@vayfiat we are planning to leave on 22nd August morning, may be 4 AM from Pune. I would like to request you to stay in Pune on 21st night and we will leave Pune together, may 4-5 cars from Pune.

Ginger Hotel will be ideal place to stay in Pune as it is located on Pune Mumbai highway and not so expensive.
    mchanna likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.