1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

2015 Leh Plans & Travel buddies

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Viny, Mar 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Yes thats correct my friend.

With 951 plan includes hotel booking, route plan and 24x7 support.

Chal O Ladakh plan: we need to pay to HVK central desk instead of making payment to hotel. HvK will in behalf of us to hotel where we will be staying.
    vayfiat likes this.
  2. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    I'm not sure if this is OT stuff - could anyone advice on tyres to be used for this mission? My Punto's tyre-change is due soon. Initial plan was to change to Mich Primacy 3ST - I don't think it suits Ladhakh roads.
  3. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
  4. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks Kunwar - But I want 195/65R15 which is not available on Earth1 - I don't want to change stock setup.
    Do you have a different suggestion? @kedarbendre - any suggestions? Which tyre you will use for your 90HP?
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I am using Bridgestone MY02 since last year driven around 7k km on these tyre.

If you want to change the tyres then i would suggest to stay away from yoko and micheline. Soft compound tyres.
  6. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad

I have no recommendation for this tyre itself since i have not used it but as far as i know earth 1 is available in 195-65 R 15.
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Please do not off topic discussion on this thread.

We have dedicated thread for tyre discussion. Lets keep this thread for Leh Ladakh planning only. Hope you guys dont mind.

Cheers.
    Viny likes this.
  8. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    Sorry for being the cause of this hijack - will get rectified in other threads.

So which one are we opting Manali-Leh or Srinagar-Leh? - for the onward journey. If planning for PlanA(mentioned by @Viny) - we will need to give an extra day at Manali/Jispa to get acclimatized. Tips from experts please. Also @kedarbendre - do you know when the new scheme will be out in HVK forum? Otherwise should we go for Ladakh 951 ASAP and fix an itinerary?
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    @vayfiat: Doing Srinagar - Leh - Manali is generally considered better way to get acclimatized. You can drop the zanskar circuit and do kargil-leh directly for that matter.

Having said that, majority do the manali-leh-manali circuit :p
  10. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    As I read in many of the travelogues, Zojilla pass itself offers lot many hurdles to first timers with 2WD vehicles. I understand that Manali-Leh offers much more - so I'm fine if majority here agree to take this route (What say @kedarbendre and other Punto-ers? :) ).

Reason being much higher altitudes? Staying at Kargil for a day will help in that case?
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 20, 2015, Original Post Date: Apr 20, 2015 ---
    In any case, Zanskar doesn't seem to be doable in hatchbacks, as I understand. Reason: Tough terrain and sparse traffic (it will be extremely difficult to get our vehicle towed by another). Sad though - this seems to be most exciting drive @VahanPujari had in his trip last year.
    VahanPujari likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.