1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

2014 Tata Zest launched at INR 4.64 lakhs

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by gazgotta, Aug 12, 2014.

1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    My friend's Zest XT diesel arrived yesterday. Finished the PDI and here we go with a few pictures. The XT now comes with the 18 spoke alloys than the 8 spoke ones. Personally I like the 18 spoke ones.

20141122_162450.jpg

20141122_162429.jpg

20141122_162436.jpg

Nice attention to detail. The windshield wiper spray tank has an over flow pipe to neat get the water out than spilling it in the engine bay.

20141122_154521.jpg

Delivery is slated for next Sunday. I will get to use this car frequently and will keep updating on the experience.
    prabhjot and punto_emotion like this.
  2. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @nkrishnap, congrats to your friend for the new buy. Zest is surely grabbing interest of potential hatch buyers. Have to admit, its fantastically priced by Tata. If Tata has taken care of niggles, it would be a true VFM buy. My colleague bought a petrol one with all safety features for under 6.5 lacs in Blore. I guess Swift Vxi is in the same price range. With petrol prices turning competitive, Tata timed their new petrol engine launch perfectly. More customers are tilting towards petrol cars these days. This is one area I curse Fiat for. They could have captured the market well with the introduction of new petrol variants for Evo and Avventura.
  3. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Zest is fantastically priced for what is on offer. The ICE is very good for an OEM. I certainly believe the niggles are blown out of proportion. Even Honda (equivalent to god in India) offerings too have niggles. Tata has come long way in the fit and finish. With the multijet things will hardly go wrong.
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Zest has a Harman music set up. Not sure whether its standard across all variants. You aee right, I was blown away with the sound quality
  5. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    XM variants gets the non touch screen and the top end XT gets touch screen. Both are from Harmon Kardon.
    punto_emotion likes this.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The suspension set-up is also very good.Overall loved the car when commpared with Dezire or Xcent.
  7. Dilip patel

Dilip patel Amatore

ahmedabad
    lets hope tata dealer take care well this new baby,
    its war between zest, swift ,desire,axcent,manza,vista!
    every car maker like to design car like swift, nothing new,
    they think ,they will grab swift and desire market.
    sure zest effect sales figure of maruti
    but its too far to cross the level of fiat
  8. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi All,

Can we have TATA ZEST VIN decoder, if possible?

I found on all site but they are ended with Month 'M' (Dec manufacture) but i have VIN number which has letter 'P'

So, what P denotes at 12th position?