1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

2014 Tata Zest launched at INR 4.64 lakhs

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by gazgotta, Aug 12, 2014.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3

Its not just about the badge. Its about reliability too. Remember that Manza was the cheapest C segment sedan and also the most spacious of all C segment sedans. Still it did not sell well. I am guessing the same fate for Zest too. It may do some numbers initially but the excitement may fade away soon.

I was never a fan of Tata BTW. :)

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    1 person likes this.
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    I understand, but the new age vehicles such as Storme are better than earlier tata vehicles.

XUV 500 which has got niggles thread running pages is still selling well, heck if I list down the parts changed in my Punto it can be called un reliable. But these cars do sell and I like the amount of effort Tata had put in here.

Hopefully they will be rewarded with success, it's good for industry also. We can't have under equipped, shoddily built car be sold in the market. If this succeds it will be make competition work hard as well, end result better product for customers.

And I know why you hate TATA ;)
    3 people like this.
  4. antony1405

antony1405 Novizio

Chennai
    Hey guys... Can somebody post some pics of TATA Zest..
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    We never get bored to see pictures of Punto/Linea even after 5 years of launch. But, it seems none of them here is excited to post pictures of Zest.

I am not excited either. :D

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Keeping the looks discussion apart, It needs to be see how the engines 1.2 Revotron and Diesel AMT perform. These two are the USP for the launch. As said on the forum the 5-10L price bracket is going to be the most confusing with lots of options available in the form og hatchback, sedan, MUV's etc.

Still unable to guess why did they name the AMT as F-tronic. Was it intentional & did they missed a few alphabets in between?:D Its a real shame that the Magneti Marelli unit is being introduced by Maruti and Tata but not Fiat:chair:. I guess they are busy opening more showroom and workshops to be bothered.

Here's the pic which everyone wanted to see but nobody wanted to post.

Tata-Zest-Diesel-F-Tronic-AMT-Review-front-quarter-1024x677.jpg
  7. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Joke of the year :lol
  8. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Few more Click from Y'day's Tata showroom 's visit...

evupuhan.jpg

u5ujebun.jpg

egazy8yb.jpg

e8usyveb.jpg

Cheers...

Neel
    4 people like this.
  9. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Making it to cheap also a problem. It is well received by taxi segment. Be it tata or Renault or maruti. Once it gets a taxi tag mango people s perception changes towards it.
  10. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Zest is a sincere effort from Tata. Hope it is received well.

Few bits and pieces taken from other cars, especially those linea-ish alloys.
    VIJENDRA SINGH likes this.