1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

2014 Linea emotion MJD - Test Drive car

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Salil_The Red Devil, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Salil_The Red Devil

Salil_The Red Devil Timido

Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Hi guys,
    There is a 2014 Linea Emotion MJD TD vehicle up for sale at one of the dealers. It has completed about 10K kms. The dealer is offering it for about 9L. It is a good bargain or should I negotiate further till 7L? Also is it advisable to opt for a TD vehicle?
    Expert opinions awaited !
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Absolutely not. I would suggest to even not think about it. You can look into the classified for some low run Linea's preferably by TFI member.

You don't know if the claim of 10K is actually genuine or not and knowing the kind of abuse the TD vehicle undergoes would stay at a long distance from them.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    Yes, you cannot know for sure how many kms the vehicle has run. Certainly not at 9lacs. FYI, 30k kms run vehicle also a used vehicle has close to 40% depreciation or even 50% at times for a good to excellent condition of vehicle.

EDIT: however if he is giving warranty and how much of it along with the price that sounds reasonable to you, you could think positively although with full caution.

Also, you must demand a full oil change and other fluid changes where necessary. Check also for underbody rust spots however small. In short do a full PDI first and then sit for negotiation. I would ask for a new battery too.
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
    Ganges likes this.
  4. vinit

vinit Amatore

Linea 1.3
    9 Lakhs is too much for asking for a 2014 TD car. Normally in the first year itself the car depreciates around 20%. And yes, you can't be sure of that ODO reading.