1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

2014:- Face lifted Ford Fiesta Test Drive Report.

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by BoseSuman, Jun 22, 2014.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I am thinking, would the avventura be compared at all with ecosport. BTW, how is Ecoport sales wise now after the initial hype.
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Ecosport still has a waiting period of over 6 months, the cars being delivered now were the ones that were booked 9 months back.
    A few might cancel ecopsort booking and go for the new fiesta, but not many due to the sparce space at the rear.
    Still,the new fiesta should be a very good buy,it is now almost the cheapest and the most feature rich c segment sedan, I think Ford's strategy is to recover the money later during service,read that there are no free services after 10 k kms.
    I like the face of the car.
    1 person likes this.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    A bigger grill has technical benefits and should do justice to the radiator and intercooler and fan etc. providing more air intake and allowing better heat dissipation. It could affect the drag coef. a tiny bit, but by and large it looks very aerodynamic.

Overall the lost lusture of fiesta 1st gen was a bit sad to see as they brought the new ones. It looked really nice and premium then.

The 6 speaker music system with USB aux and their own Sync (blue and me type system) should be a new quality benchmark for the segment. So Yes, it is indeed feature rich in that sense too.
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Has the pricing for the facelifted Fiesta been released? Would it have the same number of engine options availaibility as with Ecosport?? The new Fiesta with 1.0 ltr ecoboost engine would be the real game changer for Ford in the sedan segment.
    1 person likes this.
  5. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Pricing has been released. Fiesta will be offered only in Diesel variants. No Petrol or Automatic on offer.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Ford India has launched the updated 2014 Fiesta at a base price of Rs 7.69 lakh (Ex-showroom, New Delhi). As of now, Ford offers Fiesta with only a diesel motor having three variants - Ambiente, Trend and Titanium.

The existing 1.5 liter TDCi turbo diesel engine is on duty under the hood and delivers amazing fuel efficiency of 25.01kmpl!
    Ambiente Diesel - Rs
    Trend Diesel - Rs 855,720
    Titanium Diesel - Rs 929,449

More details in the link.
    Ford launches the 2014 Ford Fiesta at a cracking price of Rs 7.69 lakh! | CarDekho.com
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Those who are contemplating between Honda City, Nissan Sunny and Renault Scala can seriously consider this car. This definitely is very good than the over hyped Honda City. :)
    1 person likes this.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Agree with the statement to an extent, but Renault Scala is a better choice than this any day. Ofcourse, the price bracket differs. In which case if one wishes to save some dough Linea is even better. :)
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Scala, yes may better. But, the looks I still think Fiesta is miles ahead. What I mentioned is people can now consider Fiesta too instead of taking a blind decision in favor of Honda. :)
    2 people like this.
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Yes exactly, honda or sunny both as you mentioned. And looks wise and feature list wise Fiesta sure looks a better bargain. Also it is quite appreciable that Ford should launch this in Diesel only option. Lesser burden for making choice. Even if diesel will equal petrol someday or negate price benefits, many people might be inclined to modern diesels due to FE benefits.