1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

2014:- Face lifted Ford Fiesta Test Drive Report.

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by BoseSuman, Jun 22, 2014.

1. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks to Vibrant Ford, Khairatabad (Hyderabad):- Providing me TD car for City Drive.
    Thanks to Fortune Ford, Tolichowki (Hyderabad):- Providing me TD car for Highway Drive.

Ford has face lifted their Fiesta, which was launched 2011 globally, based on Ford Fiesta Hatch.
    Ford has provided same 1.5 advanced duratoque TDCI motor which produces 91 PS and 204NM torque.

Looks:-

Now Face lifted Fiesta is simply awesome from front & side styling. Rear looks less bulky now, but almost same as earlier version (doesn’t look awkward as earlier version). Inspired from Aston Martin front bumper & bonnet looks fabulous. Side profile of the car is good with simple lines.

Drive:-

Drive is same as earlier version, no difference. Relaxed driving from bottom to top speed. Nearly Zero turbo lag to drive in city and flat out torque in RPM band doesn’t make the engine strained. Ride & handling are per with Linea (with High GC). It is one of the best driver’s car in C segment.
    25.1 claimed mileage might be on paper (may be 60-70KMPH with CC). I can say it is per with Linea’s mileage. With same road in highway I clocked in TJET (8.5-9.5 KMPL with high speed driving), same speed I got in fiesta as 11.9. Including City it finally reached 12.9.
    City driving:- expect :- 16-18 KMPL depend on Driving.
    Highway:- It will vary from 12-20 ( you may get 23-25 with 60-70 Speed with CC).

Features:-

Fiesta is feature rich car with ABS/EBD, 2 Airbag, electrically foldable outside rear view mirror. Reverse parking sensor. Start-stop, keyless entry, auto headlamp, rain sensing wipers, ambient lightning ,Cruise control as other features from normal one. Microsoft Sync working like gem, Music system quality is very good, no need to change speaker or any. Interior looks premium & fit-finish is very good with 2 tone colour, Black & gray combination looks good too.

Negative Point In Fiesta:-

With Most of the Positive Fiesta lacks with lots of goodies.

1. Biggest one is no Rear AC. How much it makes difference Ford to accommodate this. Big Blunder.
    2. No ARM rest in Front, Negligence from Ford.
    3. Rear space area. Though leg room is better, Rear seat is very small. It can accommodate 2 passengers in back seat. 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] passenger with adjusting also really tough. Ex:- We can fit 3 in rear of punto/linea easily ( 4[SUP]th[/SUP] passenger with adjusting), But in Fiesta it is 2 ( 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] is very tough with adjusting too).

Overall:-

With cheapest price Fiesta is good overall package for City + Highway driving. Except above negative I don’t see any other. Hope this time Ford will be able to see success for this good & worthy car for Drivers.

Pics:-

Most liked view( from My side):-

FF-1a.JPG

FF-1.JPG

FF-2.JPG

FF-3.JPG

FF-4.JPG

FF-5.JPG

FF-6.JPG

FF-7.JPG

FF-8.JPG

FF-9.JPG

FF-10.JPG

FF-11.JPG

FF-12.JPG

FF-13.JPG
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
    19 people like this.
  2. RKK

RKK Amatore

Mumbai
    - Excellent write up.

- When I was in Brazil Jan 2014 I almost mistook this car for mini Aston Martin.

- Due to price reduction, suddenly this car has entered in a decent to purchase category. EcoBoost engine should have been introduced as an option in petrol category. Would have loved to compare this with Linea T-Jet.
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    For me, the aston front look isnt impressive on this car. Some how it looks a bit blunt. However the interior is quite nice especially the HU and console design looks nice from the pics.
    The steering design, have they borrowed it from Honda?? :eek:

I wonder how much the arm rest really matters? As a driver of a hatch which doesnt have arm rest, doesnt feel its really needed.

Rear AC missing, hmm... looks like states/city with harsh weather will dislike this car ;)
  4. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Aaah, logged in with a hope of seeing some thread about the new Fiesta. Thanks Suman for the review and your effort. As always, its a good driver's car. I had test driven the previous version and was blown away with its driving position, delightful steering and NVH levels. Since it has one of the smallest wheel base, rear seats are always a talking point. Unlike last time, Ford has priced it aggressively.

Sent from my Lumia using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  5. jovi2403

jovi2403 Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Had a chance to visit the new FIESTA showroom today.
    +ves
    1. Awesome features
    2. Rocking audio system
    3. Looks are decent enough than the outgoing model
    4. Sporty alloys
    5. Aggressive pricing

-ves
    1. My personal opinion, for anyone of 6ft or above, this car won't suit. Ex: The steering wheel hides the head light switches in any of the seating and steering positions.
    2. Not convinced with rear leg room
    3. Low Ground clearance
    4. Need to thing on service cost, 10K mark will be the last free service.
  6. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur
    Nice detailed review, Suman.
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Good review Suman, thanks for the same.

Few observations/queries from the review:
    1) Front air dam isnt at all impressive. It looks good the Ecosport but doesnt get well with the sedan look. I preferred the old Fiesta or for that matter the Fiesta 2009 look.
    2) How is new Fiesta priced cheaper? Suman or others can clarify.
    3) Too much buttons on the steering wheel, quite confusing
    4) Whats the tyre profile? Is it still 165/R14?
    1 person likes this.
  8. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Having had a fiesta before, I thought you would vouch for a new price corrected fiesta!

9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Believe me I am still a big fan of the Fiesta. The Fiesta which I had is with my BIL and I still drive it. It brings a huge smile on my face to push the 1.6 engine to the limits. But the new Fiesta engine wise may be frugal and made fuel efficient but I was no fanboy of the new shape neither the present one nor the facelifted one. The face lifted Fiesta gives the feel of Ecosport in sedan skin which kind of puts me off personally.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Very good pricing by Ford, should pose huge problems for Fiat Aventura when launched, if priced above.