1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

2013 Tyre Advice

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by B40, Feb 2, 2013.

1. khoj

khoj Amatore

Dilli
    If the RE88s are made in Japan then they are Gold, I have used these in my Zen eons ago and they gripped and lasted like nothing ever could. If made in India, there are better choices available.

2. B40

B40 Timido

Kannur,Kerala.
    Cannanore
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Finally Decided on 195/60/R15 Bridgestone MY02
    9070 383.jpg
  3. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    More details on this please - the cost, how do you find them so far?
  4. B40

B40 Timido

Kannur,Kerala.
    Cannanore
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Steering has become butter smooth.
    9070 384.jpg

- - - Merged Post - - -

9070 382.jpg
    Amazing Tyres Linear. Sidewalls are soft.but thats okay with me. i never did find any bridgestone tyre burst in any of the forums i did my research on...Yoko s had this sidewall problems.Road grips are like velcro.. tires as silent...none of those potholes are felt...but during hard braking...it is not as smooth as my jk tornadoes...there is slight wobble in your steering..but thats negligible...my steering pulling on the right side which persisted in jk tornadoes vanished.Next month i will be doing a 1000km stretch....will write a detailed report then. These tyres are made in thailand.
    5450 per tyre cost.
    1 person likes this.
  5. B40

B40 Timido

Kannur,Kerala.
    Cannanore
    Grande Punto 1.2
    9070 385.jpg
    9070 386.jpg
    Tread patterns are almost the same as GIII Potenzas,But the tyre noise has been eliminated here.
    9070 389.jpg

- - - Merged Post - - -

Finally New looks and much safer ride. Thanks a million for everything guys.
    9070 387.jpg
    6 people like this.
  6. amar_gahir

amar_gahir Amatore

Delhi
    Bro,

hows My02 performing? I am sure you must have some good/bad experiences to share. Please do share.

Thank you.
    BR//
    Amar
  7. B40

B40 Timido

Kannur,Kerala.
    Cannanore
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi Amar,
    29th March 2013 0700hrs.
    Decided to put my Bridgestone MY02 SPORTY to a acid test.

THE TRIP : KANNUR TO PALAKKAD =216KM
    Lots of twist and turns,I was averaging 70km/hr.Tyre pressure at 32psi. The drive was good,slowly i was enjoying the transition from 14 inch wheels to 15 inch wheels. Solid road grip.Super smooth feeling. Did manage to touch 130 in my speedometer in calicut bypass road. zero noise from tyres. Reached Palakkad.
    Solid improvement in tyre noise reduction. Turnings were more confident. And excellent road conditions.

PALAKKAD TO BANGALORE=410KM
    Tyres were put to acid test. I screeched em.hard braked em, i rolled em, did some nasty turns, MY 02 were rocking......... But after 2 hours of continuous awesome driving at 120km in speedometer the tyres were wobbling slightly. My dream of touching 160 was doubtful. Felt dissapointed. Parked under a shade. Decided to check the tyres physically. To my shock i found some liitle pebbles stuck in between the tyre grooves. Removed each on of em by using a small stick.Started the journey ,still my confidence of lagging. Some thing was not right. Parked my punto in nearby gas station and checked my tyre pressure. Oooooops.......it was reading 37psi.....from 32-37psi....the heat dissipation was very slow in this tyres.May be i should blame my linea steel rims. Brought the tyre pressure to 32psi. Familiar feelings were coming back. Was eating up every one on the road.An innova was not giving up on me. I did my 160.
    Pros
    Good handling in higher speeds.
    Amazing braking.
    Cons
    Small stones getting stuck in treads.
    Tyres tend to bloat 32-37psi.
    BANGALORE TO CHIKAMAGALUR= 283km
    Roads were excellent. No probs..cool driving.
    CHIKAMAGALUR TO KANNUR=275KM.
    Followed my google advice and got in to no mans land. in to deep forest where literally no roads, i was driving on cobble stones . Tyres did well in off road conditions. i could drive hardly in 15km/hr. Reached back home safely. Thanks to MY02,Punto and my Google maps.
    Total KM covered=1184km.
    Overall Tyres rock.
    Thanks
    rr
  8. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    @B40, your tyre pressure after running a bit at 5 pounds higher is normal. That is the manufacturer intended pressure. That is why they give you a 32 psi pressure suggestion in the cold tyre. Heat dissipation also seems normal. End of the day, it is a matter of at what pressures one is comfortable with. If tyres are going to behave in this manner when the right operating pressures are reached, then it is going to be confusing for the users. So for MY02, the optimum pressure should be 27/28 psi in the cold , so that you hit 32 after a run. I am sure the FE would drop a this setting as the rolling resistance would be more than normal. How many users would be so experimental in their usage ?

Abdul
  9. DeLineated

DeLineated Timido

MH12
    Tyre advice sought !

My TJet has nearly 27k on the odo. I reckon looking at tread depth, current tyres will last 4000-5000km if I am not very pedal-happy, that should get me past the monsoons.
    What same size replacement tyres would you recommend ( 205/55x16 , Tjet+ ). The car wears Goodyear NCTs which are OEM fitment, how far do these typically last ?
    FN tyre shop has the following available ( I have a 3-4 months until it's due ) :

1. Apollo Accelere ~ 6200 each
    2. Michelin Primacy LC ~ 9500 each
    3. Bridgestone MY01 ~ 9100 each
    4. Bridgestone GR80 ~ 10k each
    5. Jinyu ( Chinese brand , ~ 4500 each )

Any others I should look out/ask for ? I have time but given the cost of 16 inch rubber, I should spend much time getting informed.
    I'm interested in good grip ( dry/wet ) esp braking, ride comfort and noise , but don't want tyres that will puncture often or accumulate sidewall cuts due to being too soft.
  10. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    @DeLineated

How was the performance of the Good year NCT which came as OE.? If you are happy with it and if it has met your requirements, then I would suggest you go for it again. Your T-jet is a powerful car with loads of torque and hence braking requirements will also be similar. Fiat must have tested the NCT thoroughly to give it as OE. Experimenting is risky as one little mistake on decision and it will be a two to three year wait to get it undone.

You should also try PM ing the T-jet owners who sometimes may not be on the forum always. Doing homework is best but just ensure that you are spot on.

Abdul
    1 person likes this.