1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

2013 tuscan wine punto emotion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by soorajc, Aug 15, 2013.

1. soorajc

soorajc Timido

Palakkad,Kerala
    Took the delivery on 14th august 2013.The delivery was from Hyson motors,Ernakulam as they didnt have stock of my preferred colour at Thrissur.The sales executive from Palakkad,Mr .Subhash and one of my close friend Mr. Sidharth accompanied me for the delivery.We reached the showroom by 10:30 AM,the car was not ready for the delivery eventhough i informed our arrival time before 5 days of the delivery.We had to wait there till 1:00 PM.In the meantime me and my friend roamed around the showroom.They served us tea.But the environment at the showroom was shocking.There were atleast four walk in enquiries,but none was there to attend them.Mr.Subhash has to attend some of them as they were asking questions to him by seeing the FIAT symbol on his shirt.
    There was one more delivery scheduled.It is of a linea active,white colour.Three people came for taking the delivery.The owner was simply sitting in the reception while the other two came with him checking the linea.I was just sitting on a sofa behind the delivery bay (They have only one delivery bay).I noticed a big dent under the running body on the driver door side.I called subhash and showed him.He informed the same to the floor manager there.He told that they already noticed that and let it be so if the customer didn't notice.I was really shocked by that attitude.But luckily one of the guy found the dent.Finally the sales executive promised a repair in the next service.

Then my car came to the showroom after water service and body polishing (as they said).I took the printout of PDI list from TFI. The showroom guys looked me as i was from some other planet.I cross checked the VIN number.It is a 2013 june make car.Then checked the odometer reading, and found H 53.Then went for the exterior check.To be frank they didnt polish the car and there were durt in the body.But no paint mismatch or dent.Then checked everything as the PDI list.Everthing were ok except the rubberpad on the clutch lever.It dropped down while i check the smoothness of clutch.The Showroom guys tried to fix it, but in it never happen.Finally i made a try.It worked.They couldnt fix the mudflap as it was out of stock and they promised the fitting on the 5000km service.Then my sales executive handed over all the documents.Then handed over the key along with a box of sweets and tissue box.Then we went to the KFC@Gold souk,Cochin.A small treat to my friend and the sales executive from Palakkad.Sidharth went to his home at ernakulam.Time was 3PM.We were left with no time for ICE upgradation.So headed to Palakkad.On the return trip one of my friends joined us.I restricted the RPM below 2000 to run in the new engine.She was cruising comfortably at 80kmph at RPMs just below the 2000 mark.Really impressed with the highway behavior.Its excellent.My friend was telling that the only car to compare is the polo in the build quality and the ride is leagues ahead of the polo diesel as there is no vibration felt in the punto.We reached Palakkad by 8 PM with some halts between the journey for tea and snacks.Will post the pictures later.

Regards,
    Sooraj
    1 person likes this.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Interesting about the delivery of your car,you should have taken help of Fiat customer care.
    Anyways congratsz for your ride.
    Welcome to TFI.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6030D using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Congrats on the booking. Welcome aboard.
  4. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats.....
    Sorry to know Hyson guys remain the same..
    But, once you are at the wheel and hit the highway, you forget those things... such a great car..
    enjoy...
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Hi Sooraj,

Congratulations on the Punto. The Tuscan wine colour looks fabulous on the car.

Forget the usual bad memories at the dealership and enjoy the car. Suggest you to post a proper ownership review of the Punto with lots of droolworthy pics. Also mind sharing the OTR cost of the car?

Happy mile crunching and drive safely.
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Hi Sooraj,

I guess its time to update the thread with your ownership review and lots of pics. How do you feel driving the MJD? Whatsw the mileage you have been getting?
  7. soorajc

soorajc Timido

Palakkad,Kerala
    Completed 3500km with the punto.I enjoyed every bit of it.I did a DIY of fitting the mudflaps as there was no stock of mudflap when i took the delivery.The sales executive bring the mudflap set to my place.I decided to fix it myself as i was on Onam,a Kerala festival holidays.Removed each tyres one by one and fix the mudflaps.Then ICEd the punto.The components used are
    6.5 inch german maestro components on the front door with MDF ring
    6.5 inch ultimate coaxial speakers on the rear door with MDF ring
    Focal solid4 amplifier to power the front and rear speakers
    Infinity 10" subwoofer in a sealed enclosure
    Infinity 611a monoamplifier to power the subwoofer
    Focal wiring kit
    Damping of the front doors using a local brand (Autowize)
    I didnt check the mileage yet.But i think i am getting atleast 18kmpl.I hope the mileage will improve after a run in time 0f 5000km.
  8. soorajc

soorajc Timido

Palakkad,Kerala
    The first free service was on october 2013.Went to CIA fiat coimbatore as one of my friends is working there.Just a matter of 3 hours.There were no problems with the car.They did a general checkup,washing,interior cleaning,wheel alignment and balancing.Total bill was INR 600.I went for the second free service to KVR Fiat Calicut while the odo reading was 13900.They didnt agree to do the service on that odo reading.They were telling that atleast 15000 KM should be completed and it can go upto 16000.The part of the centre console which houses the hazard indicator switch got loosened and recessed into the centre console at 14500 odo reading approximately.Then the pin that fixes the glove box in position used to come out and as a result the glove box come off sometimes.Other problem i found was some pipe fell of from the rear RHS wheel well and broke due to the contact with the tyre.Finally went to CIA fiat,Coimbatore for the second free service.They rectified all the problems and the bill amount was INR 5756. I didnt go for the wheel alignment and balancing from CIA as i did that from an outside wheel alignment shop.
    NB: For the information of owners of old fiat models.The CIA people will service any fiat cars.They told me that nowadays the parts of palio,sienna,petra,uno ...Etc.. are available or can be sourced and they have experienced people to handle those cars.
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
    1 person likes this.