1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

2013 Punto/Linea ICE

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by pdydeva, Apr 24, 2013.

1. rpm19050

rpm19050

Delhi
    remote is very much there. but i could not locate any IR sensor. the remote did not work on my 2010 linea ,and it is the same one that is being sold on 99rpm. any 2013 emotion model owners?
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have seen the OEM remote in a Punto on display at Metro Motors, Ambala (Haryana).

I requested for the car keys of this display car so that I can check whether the remote works only for CDs or for Microsoft Blue&Me too. First they couldn't locate the key and then they told me that they found the key but the battery is discharged so it won't work. Silly me, I should have pressed the volume button on HU to see if it turns on or not (to verify the battery thing they told me).

Some points from my side:
    1. There is no visible IR sensor on the HU faceplate. Seems like its smartly hidden (or maybe a bluetooth one, lol. :D )
    2. Does it work with Media Player of Microsoft Blue&Me when playing songs via pen drive or does it work only when listening to radio and mp3/CDs (similar to the HU controls that do not work with media player of Microsoft Blue&Me.
  3. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    I asked Zen for a review of the Remote here. He seemed to have mentioned that it has all the options but he should be able to elaborate further.
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  4. rpm19050

rpm19050

Delhi
    yep. I've been scanning the eper and could not find anything. can keep looking further but it would be worth it only if the control also works with b&m. a probable place for the ir sensor could be IRVM or the front cabin light ( where b&m mic is also placed)?
  5. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am afraid he won't as he would have already done that when requested to do so. Lets wait for someone who can post a bit longer with more details. :D
    2 people like this.
  6. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    rpm19050, I don't think IR sensor would be placed all the way inside the front cabin light or the IRVM. Lets hope we find out more info on this soon. :)
  7. itsvikrams

itsvikrams Novizio

chennai
    No it works only for cd and fm and not for us..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  8. Fayad

Fayad Amatore

Tvm
    So it doesnt work with the Media Player(USB) ??
  9. itsvikrams

itsvikrams Novizio

chennai
    Yes I'm sure it doesn't work for usb media player

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
  10. miteshpunjani

miteshpunjani Amatore

vadodara-gujarat
    I would second you on that the remote works only for CD and Radio and not USB