1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

2013 Punto/Linea ICE

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by pdydeva, Apr 24, 2013.

1. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Can someone update on the details of the 2013 model ICE?

- Differences are 6 spearkers in all the Blue&Me variants (not sure if the front are components)
    - Remote control added to Blue&Me variants

My interest would be to add the remote control to the existing setup. Most of the BluenMe users would prefer adding the remote setup as steering controls are the only option right now. Does anyone have a picture of the 2013 music player? Does it have a IR sensor to receive remote signals?
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    I have requested SA to provide me some PICS of dashboard along with remote. So i hope that help a bit here? :) So ill wait for his email by EOD.
    2 people like this.
  3. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Made a visit to Vecto today for a running repair. Had a chance to visit the showroom as well. The player in the 2013 90hp car looks the same. Not sure Where's the sensor for receiving remote signal or maybe the showroom cars don't have these feature. Has anyone seen this remote yet?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: May 2, 2013
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Hi,

I just got a call from KHT SA. While on the conversatio i happen to enquire about this remote support. I was surprised about what Vecto SA said. As per KHT SA, remote control is supported in Dynamic and below variants and not in Emotion (90Hp) variants since Emotion comes with steering mounted controls.

No Remote support can not be added to Emotion models.
    Last edited: May 2, 2013
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Expecting Blaupunkt Universal IR remote
  6. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    May be he didn't go through the brochure properly and is adding his logical ideas. It's clearly mentioned both steering control and remote control are available only in Emotion and 90HP variants.

But is there a visible IR receiver somewhere? I have checked the 2013 model Punto (with gun metal alloys) and it's no different from the older players and doesn't seem to have any IR receiver. Also the dealer said they didn't receive any remote from the factory along with the vehicle.
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Did you checked punto Emotion variant, as its available only in punto emtion
  8. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Yes, in the 90HP variant itself.
  9. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    so where things are going haywire here. Brochure must be wrong or dealers are not having correct stocks.
  10. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Exactly the same thing happend when the TJET was being launched the first time around on October 2010. They had the "remote" mentioned everywhere and i do even remember seeing a picture as well. But once in showrooms, the JET lost the magical "remote".