1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

2013 Linea, Punto in India?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by rajks, Oct 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rajks

rajks Amatore

Bangalore
    Hi Members,

I am thinking of postponing my newbuy Linea MJD till 2013 March in the anticipation of Fiat launching their 2013 model of Linea, it is been already launched in Turkey. Though the new looks doesn't inspire me much its the new MJD 2 which I am interested in. Can you let me know if Fiat will be bringing them anytime soon to Indian roads?

Thanks,
    Raj
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Raj FIAT is dumbest car manufacturer in India. They are not planning launch new cars in India.
  3. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Linea entry to india you can expect in second quarter of 2013
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Since there is no official communication in this regard, so all news are nothing but rumors. We've been hearing rumors of the Bravo launch for a couple of years now. :D

Don't hold your horses on the so called "new" Linea. Purchase the present generation Linea - the "new" one comes nowhere near to it (except the interiors).

As long as the current Multijet continues to satisfy Indian emission norms, there is no need to bring in the Multijet 2. So, FIAT are in no hurry whatsoever. They are in no hurry to bring in the much needed Multijet 1.6, so Multijet 2 is a real long stretch.

Cheers.
    3 people like this.
  5. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    Exactly! It's been almost 2 years now! And still no sign of any launch!

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

If you are in the market already and if you have zeroed to Linea MJD, then just go ahead!
  6. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Have you seen the September sales figures? There maybe no Fiat by 2013! Take a VERY serious look at the Vento, Rapid & new Ford Fiesta diesel's.
    1 person likes this.
  7. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    Even i feel the same, but Punto would still sell in very few numbers, unless they bring in Multi-Air and MJD-II, and no use in talking about Linea! I seriously doubt if Linea could survive in our market, till this year end.

IMO, the 'next' good ''driver's'' car would be Ford Fiesta! Good ride, handling and high speed driving dynamics! And it's fuel efficient too! And now, Ford has corrected the pricing too.

With Titanium+ you get Auto AC with voice control, cruise control, reverse parking sensor, electrically foldable ORVM, Electronic Power Assist Steering (EPAS with Pull Drift Compensation technology)!!!

But Style is VFM. You get all the above extra features, excluding voice control!
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    It is quite natural that whenever the sales figures are low, we get tensed about it. If I remember it correctly, Fiat sold only 63 units in Dec'2010. Now, we are at the end of 2012 and still talking about death of Punto/Linea.

When the 2012 Punto/Linea was launched at Hotel Greenpark, Chennai, Sathya_sc got a chance to speak with some Fiat officials. As per them, 2013 Linea will make it to India with 1.3L MJD 2 (not 1.6 MJD). Since there is no official confirmation, it wouldn't be wise to wait for a car. If you are happy with the current Linea just go ahead. Rapid/Fiesta are also good.

Link to the old post - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/teamfiat-...palani-chennai-today-7-30-pm-2.html#post88876
    3 people like this.
  9. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    FIAT is just worried about the beggars around for MJD II and so on.Without a second thought Maruti,TATA,Premier and so on will command the MJD II in their cars as well.While FIAT needs moolah to survive in the business.Without a 2nd thought they will even give away the rights to these people to manufacture the engine.So i guess MJD I is better off till now.

Go ahead the purchase the 2012 Linea :)
  10. Fiat launched refreshed version of Linea and Punto this year (2012 avatars). What is the need for them to give a facelifted version in a years time? It is not just launching a product. They should have done lot of investments, ground work and testing (even for GC upgrade). It may not be a good idea to release a new version soon. IMHO, it would be a good idea to launch a product in a different segment to increase over all sales volume.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.