1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

2013 JD Power - Customer Service Index - FIAT at the bottom

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by limraj, Nov 1, 2013.

1. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Maruti tops the list (only the one above Industry average) and FIAT is farthest at the bottom.
    Source : Indian Autos Blog

JD-Power-2013-India-Customer-Service-Index.jpg
  2. aruncep

aruncep Amatore

Chennai
    With just two cars in the market is this score that bad??????
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Sorry to say but I dont believe on such servey.

Take an example that TATA has scored more than other companies. Isnt it joke :lol
    3 people like this.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Skoda, Volkswagen, Fiat are european in general, so as far as customer service goes there will be some issues always. Lots of important parts are imported. Overall engineering is not simplified for local mechanics to diagnose and fix too. Combine that with sales figures and the math further simplifies.

We fiatians are customers who have chosen better cars inspite of knowing well the lay man's market perception for these cars is.

We must take pride in this distinction none the less irrespective of such reports.
    Having said that it should be an eye opener for german and italians to know where they stand.

It's all for the best.
    Sent from my MMA50 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  5. nithin.v

nithin.v Amatore

From my yesterdays service experience in Balaji no wonder they are at the bottom. I dont think Fiat car is more complex than Honda's and Toyota's and this survey is on Customer Service Index rather than complexity of the car
    2 people like this.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Why then do the local mechanics who service hondas show reluctance to service fiats. Most mechs. agree that Fiat cars are good and fun to drive, still are not happy to undertake job works like they do for Maruti or Honda. And yes complexity is there since for eg. parts like the egr valve status show errors with help of computer examiners only which again need some level of training and special car specific understanding. And of course the buying of such expensive brand specific equipment.

Customer service is a lot on dealer network and spare part pricing and availability or after sales service. Maruti is the king in that respect IMHO. They take no sh*t from their Dealers is what I hear as far as customer complaints are to be handled.

Sent from my MMA50 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  7. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    I would put this year’s bad performance down to the move by Fiat to start their own dealership network. Till July - August just getting a service appointment in some cities was so very tough. Things have improved both in terms of opening up more service centers and quality. Yes, there are still some cities where there is only one service center and others where there are no service centers yet after the Tata - Fiat split.

I have always seen and believe that Fiat is pretty responsive to customer complaints when escalated. Yes Maruti is very tough on their dealers because they can afford to be, they are the market leaders.

One particular area Fiat could look at improving is the labour charges, there doesn’t seem to be any standard and each service center seem to charge as they wish. Its hurts more when you end up having only one service center in your city, I see no point in lowering the price of you spare parts and increasing the labour charge.
    1 person likes this.
  8. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Back in 2010 i remember FIAT was ranked no 1 for customer satisfaction when they where in collaboration with Tata dealers but now they are at bottom level.This is all because of its dealers,spare part pricing & non easy availability of spares,some dealers give pathetic after sales experience & some dealers give horrible buying experience to new customers.:chair:
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Institutionalised

Nadeem Ahmed, you are very right. There is also this point that it is our people on the ground who give us this experience. It's not like the Europeans, Japanese, Germans or Americans will do these local management jobs for us. Till the environment of favouring and lobbying for and against individuals for personal reasons is not taken care of these huge auto companies will have tough time saving face. Many good, young and competent people who want to change things fall in line later due to hierarchical issues. Pretty much no one wants to take punga with their colleagues or superiors.
    The one good person of morality and principle is also institutionalised :D.

Reference - THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION
    Red: These walls are funny. First you hate 'em, then you get used to 'em. Enough time passes, you get so you depend on them. That's institutionalized.
    Heywood: Shit. I could never get like that.
    Prisoner: Oh yeah? Say that when you been here as long as Brooks has.
    Red: Goddamn right. They send you here for life, and that's exactly what they take. The part that counts, anyway.
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I am seeing this way. Fiat was busy in setting up the dealerships and failed to feed the surveyers.